• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bill Belichick will headline as guest speaker at this year’s Nebraska Football X & Os clinic

No doubt the GOAT of NFL head coaches. I might attend.

I wish I could, but that's not going to happen.

I've had a few opportunities in the past to sit in with coaches either in clinics or their own internal team meetings and none of them disappointed. Some of the concepts I didn't agree with or understand how they thought it was a strength, but it was still interesting to hear someone else's thoughts on things.

What I didn't have a lot of exposure to, save for one team meeting, was a deep dive on offensive concepts, so I've always felt I was a lot behind the curve there. Having played and coached on the defensive side, I knew what I knew about offenses as a byproduct of trying to stop them. That really ended in the '90's, so I've missed out on a lot of the newer offensive concepts and have had to pick those up from watching games and film on YouTube. Certainly not ideal. Some of the stuff I've seen from Urban Meyer has been really informative and educational as well.

So much goes into the creation, game planning and execution of both offensive and defensive football concepts I always kind of chuckle when I see meltdowns by fans when something doesn't work as expected or as designed. So many complexities in that mix.

I guess this explains the rumor posted about Belichick meeting with HCMR in Lincoln about a month or so ago. :cool:

Crab, totally agree on the Urban Meyer data. He used to do some short 5-7 min breakdowns of about 3 plays and why they worked. It was on BIG network a couple yr ago with Gerry DiNardo. He made is so simple to understand and see, his communication and explanation skills were genius

I wish I could, but that's not going to happen.

I've had a few opportunities in the past to sit in with coaches either in clinics or their own internal team meetings and none of them disappointed. Some of the concepts I didn't agree with or understand how they thought it was a strength, but it was still interesting to hear someone else's thoughts on things.

What I didn't have a lot of exposure to, save for one team meeting, was a deep dive on offensive concepts, so I've always felt I was a lot behind the curve there. Having played and coached on the defensive side, I knew what I knew about offenses as a byproduct of trying to stop them. That really ended in the '90's, so I've missed out on a lot of the newer offensive concepts and have had to pick those up from watching games and film on YouTube. Certainly not ideal. Some of the stuff I've seen from Urban Meyer has been really informative and educational as well.

So much goes into the creation, game planning and execution of both offensive and defensive football concepts I always kind of chuckle when I see meltdowns by fans when something doesn't work as expected or as designed. So many complexities in that mix.
I envy you Crab. Would absolutely love to be a fly on the wall of those meetings. The concept of how to attack different defenses (what plays work against certain defenses, etc). I’ve watched a ton of games but not from an educational perspective. Mostly because TV doesn’t provide a whole field of view. The interaction of the front seven and the back end, etc.

I envy you Crab. Would absolutely love to be a fly on the wall of those meetings. The concept of how to attack different defenses (what plays work against certain defenses, etc). I’ve watched a ton of games but not from an educational perspective. Mostly because TV doesn’t provide a whole field of view. The interaction of the front seven and the back end, etc.

Great point on field of view. The change in TV camera angle may be great for the presentation of the product and for the casual fan, but it's really hard to see enough of the field to know what's going on beyond the D line and shallow backers on most plays.

Crab, totally agree on the Urban Meyer data. He used to do some short 5-7 min breakdowns of about 3 plays and why they worked. It was on BIG network a couple yr ago with Gerry DiNardo. He made is so simple to understand and see, his communication and explanation skills were genius
Totally agree. I couldn't get enough of those breakdowns. People can say what they want about BB and UM, but they had the success they did because they were next level genius when it came to understanding the game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back