• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked BigMacHusker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisenberg

Recruit
2 Year Member
Heisenberg said:
Mac, you raise a valid point but my question then becomes what would you suggest be done? How do we fix this problem? It seems like the consensus from many on a solution is simply "nothing", "nothing of substance" or simply "wait and hope for the best" and clearly that isn't working. We can clearly discern a pattern now with a mounting body of evidence that many are ok with simply ignoring and hoping that it will work itself out.

I think this is a big reason you have a part of the fan-base that is so deeply frustrated.

BigMacHusker said:
#1 we have been winning 9-10 games/season, the very vast majority of CFB programs would take that all day long. It's gonna have to get worse if you don't want to run this risk of another SP coaching change senario

#2 The highlighted is painfully myopic and just plain false. I look at the big picture. We have fielded championship level offenses and defenses, just not in the same year. Bo found out the hard way his system was not plug n play and was going to have change recruiting. That has happened, but the on the field results aren't instantaneous. An athletic upgrade was sorely needed and it is happening. Listening to things he has said, I do believe there are things he wanted to do last year but didn't have the horses to do it. Purely speculation on my part. While there is no reason whatsoever to get blown out by anyone on our schedule this year, I will fully admit I am willing to give Bo another year assuming we don't have a BC style meltdown. The offense is very near or at a point of reloading, and we should be in that position or near to it on defense as of next year. 2012 is over, it's 2013 now.

#3 A BBS is not the place (IMO) to take your fire em all stance, unless you are okay with giving up on the kids. Attitude is infectious, and regardless of how you feel the kids should see nothing but 100% support behind them. Constructive criticism happens here all day long and is great and appreciated. Emotional meltdowns and condescending cheap shots solve nothing and can even be damaging. This is all my opinion, and before anyone freaks out, nowhere have I said you can't do it or that it makes you a bad fan. Write letters, burn up the phones, find big money boosters, but keep it out of the public arena. Once again, just how I feel something is best done while respecting the players and the program

Mac; further to our exchange above, generally speaking do you still feel the same way about the program and the direction we're headed in following today's game?

I'm not gloating here, I want your honest opinion. I'm probably not as upset as you about this loss (albeit for very different reasons) as I expected it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back