• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Biggest recruiting misses in Huskers history

I never saw anything other than Joe Burrow saying he was interested in Nebraska. Through the years I think his supposed interest in Nebraska has only gotten bigger like the an old fish story. Personally, and this is just my opinion I don’t believe for a minute any coach told him he wasn’t good enough to play for Nebraska and I don’t think for a minute he was ever coming to Nebraska. If Burrow is willing to make up that a coach said he wasn’t good enough to play here there could be other exaggerations in his story. I think there may have been some sour grapes that we did not recruit him hard enough. With that being said my opinion is he wasn’t coming here under Pelini, Riley, or Frost.
His talent would have been wasted

I never saw anything other than Joe Burrow saying he was interested in Nebraska. Through the years I think his supposed interest in Nebraska has only gotten bigger like the an old fish story. Personally, and this is just my opinion I don’t believe for a minute any coach told him he wasn’t good enough to play for Nebraska and I don’t think for a minute he was ever coming to Nebraska. If Burrow is willing to make up that a coach said he wasn’t good enough to play here there could be other exaggerations in his story. I think there may have been some sour grapes that we did not recruit him hard enough. With that being said my opinion is he wasn’t coming here under Pelini, Riley, or Frost.

A little over halfway through the video

A little over halfway through the video
As I said I don’t believe for a minute that a coach on Pelini’s staff would tell a four star legacy recruit he wasn’t good enough to play at Nebraska. I know what Frost said and it wasn’t that either. Because I don’t believe this I think other parts of his story could be exaggerated and he had no intention of ever going to Nebraska. You may disagree and that’s certainly your right.

For the record, I would have accepted an offer, though I think that counts as a Nebraska recruiting success story.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back