• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Biggest game and/or rivalry

We lost our last 3 games (NW, OSU and IA) by a total of 11 points! A little over 3 points per game which I'd say is trending very much in the right direction. Obviously the team was making steady improvement imo. With an improved defense along with a more skilled and mature AM and we're going to be challenging for a division crown this season......

I think we can all agree that there have way too many blowouts... Can't put lipstick on this pig but can have hope that it is behind us.

Absolutely. Hopefully, those dressed up piggy pictures will start fading into antique, dusty old photos pretty soon.

And it's not all on the defense, either. Our offense has been wayyyyyy too willing to share the ball with opposing defenses all these years.

We lost our last 3 games (NW, OSU and IA) by a total of 11 points! A little over 3 points per game which I'd say is trending very much in the right direction. Obviously the team was making steady improvement imo. With an improved defense along with a more skilled and mature AM and we're going to be challenging for a division crown this season......

Reminds me of 2015. :) Except we finished even better in 2015. :Biggrin:

Then we went on to 9 wins in 2016. I expect the same in 2019!

I love trends. :Lol:

Last edited:
I didn't twist any facts, I was just responding to the OP and then your post of 'a lot', which I don't think 6 out of 15 is a lot. If you do that's fine. I disagree. :)
I think I twisted them when I decided to leave off Northwestern. Where we don't agree is this: if you are Kansas or strive to be, that may not be a lot of blowouts. If you are Nebraska its inexcusable. Then add in back to back blowouts to Purdue and 1 at Minnesota, I think I've made my point. Lets hope we don't have to rehash a similar thread next year:Gobigred:

In over 50 years of following NU football I have never seen a season where the general consensus is that the Calvary is going to show up in May and start kicking ass in August. Freshmen Calvary.

Given that we are in "wait for the Calvary" mode at running back, wide receiver and O-line I wouldn't put any of those games in the "W" column just yet.

Even with the Calvary, going 2-2 in those games seems like a stretch to me.

I don't think we are waiting for the Cavalry. Other than RB I am not sure who you think we are waiting to get here and make an immediate impact on the team that already isn't here. The Benhart kid is going to be really good, but if you are counting on a freshman linemen coming in and taking the job of the guy that started all last year, you may be disappointed.

Mills needs to make an impact on this team, but he is a Jr not a freshman. Wan Dale Robinson is already hear. I expect him to be an impact player, but other than depth I am not expecting any other freshman coming in and starting.

With that said, I hope we can go 2-2 against that group of 4.

but other than depth I am not expecting any other freshman coming in and starting
I agree. Benhart will add depth at OT, and it will be great if he worked his way into some playing time (NOT due to injuries), but that shouldn't be until well into the season unless something has gone wrong. Hannah will also add some much needed depth at ILB, I hope. If any of the freshmen receivers earns their way into playing time, that would be awesome, but I doubt that any besides WanDale will see significant playing time for the first half of the season. The DBs coming in should be making a push for playing time by the end of the year, also, but (apart from injury) that will be a luxury.

To be honest nothing in the MR years reminds me of anything that's happening now... :nod:

I agree. Last year was the worst first year ever for a Nebraska head coach. I truly hope Frost is capable. Riley wasn't either. I'm tired of the slop I've seen for the past 17-18 years. I'm not much for hope coming off 4-win disastrous seasons. I'd like to see results.

Last edited:
I agree. Last year was the worst first year ever for a Nebraska head coach. I truly hope Frost is capable. Riley wasn't either. I'm tired of the slop I've seen for the past 17-18 years. I'm not much for hope coming off 4-win disastrous seasons. I'd like to see results.
Keep the faith bro... keep the faith! Good things are on track even this season.....

I agree. Benhart will add depth at OT, and it will be great if he worked his way into some playing time (NOT due to injuries), but that shouldn't be until well into the season unless something has gone wrong. Hannah will also add some much needed depth at ILB, I hope. If any of the freshmen receivers earns their way into playing time, that would be awesome, but I doubt that any besides WanDale will see significant playing time for the first half of the season. The DBs coming in should be making a push for playing time by the end of the year, also, but (apart from injury) that will be a luxury.

In an ideal world Benhart plays in 4 games in mop up duty. Gets a little experience and preserves his RS. As a RS frosh he then is the swing tackle picking up 3-4 series every game. He then takes over at LT when Jaimes graduates.

I see WanDale Robinson, probably 1 of the RB and Polo-Gates not RS. I can also see Garrett Nelson not RS for a couple of reasons. I think he is that good and they need the help at OLB.

Last edited:

In an ideal world Benhart plays in 4 games in mop up duty. Gets a little experience and preserves his RS. As a RS frosh he then is the swing tackle picking up 3-4 series every game. He then takes over at LT when Jaimes graduates.

I see WanDale Robinson, probably 1 of the RB and Polo-Gates not RS. I can also see Garrett Nelson not RS for a couple of reasons. I think he is that good and they need the help at OLB.
I'm on the same page with all of the above, except that I think that the hope is that Benhart will be playing Rt OT as soon as possible with M Farniok moving to Guard. I'm pretty sure that they want that to be in place by the start of the 2020 season, but the sooner, the better.

You take out Northwestern and there’s a lot of blowouts there. I know the OP didn’t exclude them but they are always a good game. Those Wisconsin and Iowa losses hurt the most. I was pleasantly surprised last season against Ohio State but other than last year and the year of the big comeback, we haven’t even belonged on the same field. I think we win two out of the four this year.
Nit pick: the big comeback was in 2011, before the date range in the OP. And we don't make that comeback if Braxton had not been injured.

Nit pick: the big comeback was in 2011, before the date range in the OP. And we don't make that comeback if Braxton had not been injured.
passsing chart.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back