• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Biggest game and/or rivalry

I'm coming back for the nw game. I want revenge against all!
I don't need revenge. Just a really good game on Bob Devaney standards. Back in the early 1970's, Bob once said a good football game is when we are up 40-0 at halftime. Standards that work for me.

Sam is wrong; 1-14 We didn't play OsU in
Wrong. 6 blowouts in 15 games. 40% were blowouts.

Iowa 0-4
2018 -11- 23 L 28 - 31
2017 -11- 24 L 14 - 56
2016 -11- 25 L 10 - 40

2015 -11- 27 L 20 - 28

NW 1-3
2018 -10- 13 L 31 - 34
2017 -11- 04 L 24 - 31
2016 -09- 24 W 24 - 13
2015 -10- 24 L 28 - 30

Ohio St 0-4
2018 -11- 03 L 31 - 36
2017 -10- 14 L 14 - 56
2016 -11- 05 L 3 - 62

Wisconsin 0-4
2018 -10- 06 L 24 - 41
2017 -10- 07 L 17 - 38

2016 -10- 29 L 17 - 23
2015 -10- 10 L 21 - 23
Your corrections don't make me feel any better...:mad:
You take out Northwestern and there’s a lot of blowouts there. I know the OP didn’t exclude them but they are always a good game. Those Wisconsin and Iowa losses hurt the most. I was pleasantly surprised last season against Ohio State but other than last year and the year of the big comeback, we haven’t even belonged on the same field. I think we win two out of the four this year.

Last edited:

Well just to keep with tradition and turn this into a Bo versus the world thread...….he was 8-5 (62%) against those same teams. :Stickouttongue: Now back to our regular programming. :Rolf:
Yes but he only beat Ohio St and Wisconsin once a piece, and got absolutely destroyed in the 5 losses.

Owning our division is step #1. I'm not worried about how NU stacks up against the big boys in the East right now. Wisconsin, Iowa, and Northwestern need to be put in their place, which is fighting for 2nd in the division every year. When we go 5-1 or 6-0 vs those teams over a couple years, that's when you'll know "we're back". I think NU has the roster and coaching staff to beat all 3 this year, but this time last year I thought we'd at least be bowl eligible, so WTH do I know...

You take out Northwestern and there’s a lot of blowouts there. I know the OP didn’t exclude them but they are always a good game. Those Wisconsin and Iowa losses hurt the most. I was pleasantly surprised last season against Ohio State but other than last year and the year of the big comeback, we haven’t even belonged on the same field. I think we win two out of the four this year.

I was just responding to the OP. You can pick & choose all you want. Take out OsU from the equation then you have 4 out of 12 which is 1/3 or 33.3% of the blowouts and is still less than a lot. Sorry, but by the numbers you're still wrong. :)

Also 6 blowouts minus 2 blowouts which is... wait for it...1/3 or 33.3% of the blowouts and is still less than a lot. :nod:

Last edited:

In over 50 years of following NU football I have never seen a season where the general consensus is that the Calvary is going to show up in May and start kicking ass in August. Freshmen Calvary.

Given that we are in "wait for the Calvary" mode at running back, wide receiver and O-line I wouldn't put any of those games in the "W" column just yet.

Even with the Calvary, going 2-2 in those games seems like a stretch to me.

Owning our division is step #1. I'm not worried about how NU stacks up against the big boys in the East right now. Wisconsin, Iowa, and Northwestern need to be put in their place, which is fighting for 2nd in the division every year. When we go 5-1 or 6-0 vs those teams over a couple years, that's when you'll know "we're back". I think NU has the roster and coaching staff to beat all 3 this year, but this time last year I thought we'd at least be bowl eligible, so WTH do I know...
I think we can all agree that there have been way too many blowouts without twisting facts to fit a narrative. It stings and I can handle a well fought loss but dang we have been on the receiving end of a bunch of woodshed beatings the last 15 years or so. And without coming across as a real sky is falling guy, Purdue has taken as out back the last two years as well and they are in our division-Minnesota did the same the season before last. My opinion for what it's worth is that Nebraska with it's resources and perceived talent advantages should NEVER get blown out by the likes of a Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota or Purdue. Losses in there, sure but not consistent blowouts. Can't put lipstick on this pig but can have hope that it is behind us.

I was just responding to the OP. You can pick & choose all you want. Take out OsU from the equation then you have 4 out of 12 which is 1/3 or 33.3% of the blowouts and is still less than a lot. Sorry, but by the numbers you're still wrong. :)

Also 6 blowouts minus 2 blowouts which is... wait for it...1/3 or 33.3% of the blowouts and is still less than a lot. :nod:
I think we can all agree that there have been way too many blowouts without twisting facts to fit a narrative. It stings and I can handle a well fought loss but dang we have been on the receiving end of a bunch of woodshed beatings the last 15 years or so. And without coming across as a real sky is falling guy, Purdue has taken as out back the last two years as well and they are in our division-Minnesota did the same the season before last. My opinion for what it's worth is that Nebraska with it's resources and perceived talent advantages should NEVER get blown out by the likes of a Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota or Purdue. Losses in there, sure but not consistent blowouts. Can't put lipstick on this pig but can have hope that it is behind us.

Sorry Lavaman-I didn't mean to reply to your post.

I think we can all agree that there have been way too many blowouts without twisting facts to fit a narrative.

I didn't twist any facts, I was just responding to the OP and then your post of 'a lot', which I don't think 6 out of 15 is a lot. If you do that's fine. I disagree. :)

In over 50 years of following NU football I have never seen a season where the general consensus is that the Calvary is going to show up in May and start kicking ass in August. Freshmen Calvary.

Given that we are in "wait for the Calvary" mode at running back, wide receiver and O-line I wouldn't put any of those games in the "W" column just yet.

Is this post related to Easter, or are you implying that we're on the verge of a lot of crucifixions? (Asking for a friend.)

:Sarcastic:

Fwiw, I mostly agree with what you're saying except that I think that we're already going to be fine at WR. If we go 2-2 in those games, we have a decent shot at winning the B1G West.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back