• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BIG10 Talent pools

On paper we should be pretty darn competitive. The problem is that Nebraska has whiffed on so many 4* kids this past decade. If you look at the numbers, they are staggering. We are about to find out if Frost and company has turned this around the next couple of weeks.
Coaching is a huge part of winning,as we all know.

Not surprising. When we have recruited the best in the West except for one year, it kind of puts into perspective how bad of a job Nebraska has done coaching and developing.

There is no excuse why we shouldn't being going toe to toe with Wisconsin every year and winning that game more often than once or on this current 5 game losing streak to Iowa.

Consistency will go a long way in correcting things on the field, especially if the staff can continue recruiting in the top 1/4 of the conference.

The continuity of coaching, and system on offense and defense has been lacking since 2014.
Since then the team has run 4 different defenses and 3 different offenses. They have had at least 3 different and as many as 5 different position coaches in that time. That is a big reason why Nebraska has struggled.

Will Nebraska Fan be willing to wait it out? Long gone are the days when we should expect a miracle turn around. SF might be 5 years in before it looks like a real improvement. I know other coaches (including SF) have turned programs around pretty quick but I get this feeling we will get impatient before 2021 is over if there's not a few signature wins.

Will Nebraska Fan be willing to wait it out? Long gone are the days when we should expect a miracle turn around. SF might be 5 years in before it looks like a real improvement. I know other coaches (including SF) have turned programs around pretty quick but I get this feeling we will get impatient before 2021 is over if there's not a few signature wins.

I think if Moos sticks around, Frost will be given a long runway because the other side of a decision where Scott Frost has been let go looks grim at best.

Not surprising. When we have recruited the best in the West except for one year, it kind of puts into perspective how bad of a job Nebraska has done coaching and developing.

There is no excuse why we shouldn't being going toe to toe with Wisconsin every year and winning that game more often than once or on this current 5 game losing streak to Iowa.
It's fascinating. Nebraska fans are really smart when it comes to why Wisconsin and Iowa have been beating us with less talent, as they come with "those guys know who they are, have a system, and recruit to it." But then we offset that when I see message board folk begging for us to switch from a 3-4 or asking "can a spread offense work in the B1G?" Other things like "we don't have the talent to run a 3-4" when we are recruiting better than other teams in our conference like Wisconsin who run a 3-4 is just the icing on the cake for me.

Continuity. Let's get it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back