• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten Tournament

Might have been made of aluminum but could not get an answer
When did they actually use aluminum? No idea!!
No luck, but found that UC Berkekey seats were made of wood. They sold the wood to fans, when they renovated the stadium.
So, probably, Seals Stadium bleachers were made of wood. I know, who cares? :Hooray:

Wow. I cannot believe that Rutgers was left out of the tournament! I really feel sorry for them; they worked so hard and did so well.
This surprised me…

Rutgers schedule was a tad weak but when you saw them play…they were a solid tournament level team.

With Nebraska and Indiana having a down year I think it really hurt the Big Ten overall.

The BiG took a huge step back this year, conference wide, compared to the last 5 years when the conference was starting to improve….Michigan to the very last game of the College World Series and following…and last year Nebraska almost upsetting the #1 team in the country In the Regionals.

The Conference has no respect in Baseball right now.

Last edited:
Wow. I cannot believe that Rutgers was left out of the tournament! I really feel sorry for them; they worked so hard and did so well.

Yeah, doesn't make much sense to me. Rutgers went 44-15 this season. They finished 2nd in the Big Ten. And their RPI was also second best in the Big Ten at 42 (there were teams below 42 that received tournament invites, yes RPI isn't everything).

While the committee isn't supposed to pick teams based on conference affiliation (they are supposed to examine each team independently), it almost seems like Michigan stealing a bid forced Rutgers to the sidelines. Rutgers was definitely better than Michigan for the season as a whole.

The Big Ten really has never had much respect in baseball. Not sure if they deserve more, but when the conference RPI ranks the Big Ten as 8th, it's hard to expect much more love.

Last edited:
Fully expect the B1G to get back to a 3-5 bid league in 2023. When Warren screwed the conference with no OOC games in 2021, I felt it would impact the conference for 2 seasons. And with all the elite pitching departures the conference had in the 2021 MLB draft - nobody was able to develop depth due to weekend only games and we see the results in 2022.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back