• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten RPIs

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
You wanna see just how bad the Big Ten is? And just how much that will weigh down NU's RPI next season?

Nebraska's RPI is currently 56. About a month ago, NU was around 90. The Huskers haven't been better -- in fact, they lost more than they've won since that point. However, just playing tougher competition has raised their RPI quite a bit. Not going to be the case next season.

There are 300 Division I baseball teams. I'm absolutely certain there's not just 55 teams better than Nebraska. But our strength of schedule has benefited the Huskers.

Big Ten RPIs:
Michigan State 70
Penn State 95
Minnesota 122
Purdue 123
Ohio State 139
Indiana 146
Iowa 189
Illinois 194
Northwestern 223
Michigan 225

Eight of the Big 12's 10 teams are ranked ahead of the highest ranked Big Ten team. All 10 Big 12 teams are ranked ahead of the Big Ten's second place team. Yikes.

Last edited:

You wanna see just how bad the Big Ten is? And just how much that will weigh down NU's RPI next season?

Nebraska's RPI is currently 56. About a month ago, NU was around 90. The Huskers haven't been better -- in fact, they lost more than they've won since that point. However, just playing tougher competition has raised their RPI quite a bit. Not going to be the case next season.

There are 300 Division I baseball teams. I'm absolutely certain there's not just 55 teams better than Nebraska. But our strength of schedule has benefited the Huskers.

Big Ten RPIs:
Michigan State 70
Penn State 95
Minnesota 122
Purdue 123
Ohio State 139
Indiana 146
Iowa 189
Illinois 194
Northwestern 223
Michigan 225

Eight of the Big 12's 10 teams are ranked ahead of the highest ranked Big Ten team. All 10 Big 12 teams are ranked ahead of the Big Ten's second place team. Yikes.

Do we get an automatic bid to the NCAA tourney, even if we have a record like this year's, and we fome in 1st in the Big 10? Cool! Works for me! :eek: :rolfl:

Last edited:

Conference champ gets nothing in the Big 10.

Conference tourney champ is the automatic qualifier.

It looks like all the eggs are in the basket of MA guiding NU to the conference tourney championship.

Conference champ gets nothing in the Big 10.

Conference tourney champ is the automatic qualifier.

It looks like all the eggs are in the basket of MA guiding NU to the conference tourney championship.
If we make it, as the setup this year is top 6 out of 10 make the tournament....don't know if they will change it next year with NU joining.

They were talking about this on the radio last night with an ESPN guy, saying NU will need to load up big time in non con games to counter the weakness of the Big 10

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back