• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Big Ten releases 2015 & 2016 schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living in Wisconsin I am increasingly growing to hate all things Badger.

This program is a bit of an oxymoron ... last year they were two plays away from being undefeated and playing LSU in the BCS championship yet IMO they are not very good.

1) Their non-conference schedule is horrendous. Lat year they played UNLV, Norther Illinois, South Dakota and Oregon State. This year they play Northern Iowa, Oregon State, Utah State and UTEP. UNI is D1AA and the other three combined for a 15-22 record last season.

2) UW lost two conference games last season - both last minute hail mary's - both on the road.

3) UW though played Indiana, Purdue and Illinois (15-23 combined record) while NU played Iowa, Michigan and Northwestern (24-15 combined record).

4) Wisconsin's "system" easily assimilated Russell Wilson at QB and made him a likely NFL roster player. Also bodes well for Danny O'Brien the Maryland transfer due to arrive in June much like Wilson did the year before.

5) UW lost two O-Linemen to the NFL draft, its leading WR and starting QB along with its O-Line coach, O-Coordinator as well as their TE coach.

I can make a case that UW's toughest game next season will be its September 29th date in Lincoln. They play Ohio State and Michigan State at home and their other conference road games are Indiana, Purdue and Penn State.

The game in Lincoln looms large!

That Wisconsin game Sept 29 is the one I have selected for my annual pilgramage to Memorial Stadium.

FYI.....

Sean Callahan <s>@</s>Sean_Callahan
I would say Indiana for Ohio State is a fair trade, considering Nebraska plays Penn State every year cross divisional.

Crossover games:

2011-2012: Wisconsin & Ohio State (Penn State is annual)
2013-2014: Purdue & Illinois
2015-2016: Indiana & Wisconsin

If this rotation would continue, I would expect 2017-2018 to have Ohio State & either Purdue or Illinois. But, the Pac-12 agreement likely trumps this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back