• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten Media Poll Released

We really can't complain about lack of respect, especially for a team coming off back to back 4-8. I think we have the potential to win the west but there are a number of spots where we are unproven/young/thin. Then again, I think that's true of everyone in the West and that's the reason for the wild diversity of picks.

It should be a very entertaining year.

2 team race in the east - Agreed, wide open in the west - Agreed.

I like the Nebraska over Michigan in the Big 10 championship game.

Overall seems like a good article.

People talk about the East being loaded but Rutgers, Maryland and Indiana are 3 guaranteed victories for every other team in the East.

If they did a 1 to 14 poll of the conference those three would end up 12, 13 and 14th!

Is there any way we could keep the team from seeing this? Maybe show them one with us 5th?

Last edited:
My favorite part was at the bottom of the article, where they compared their past picks for Big Ten champs against who actually won the conference that year.

They're only batting 25% on correct picks. Further, the only other time they even picked a winner who was actually the conference runner-up (ie, their pick for B1G Champ actually appeared in that game - but wound up losing the CCG), was in 2013 when they picked the Buckeyes, who lost to MSU.

In other words, out of 8 seasons their pick for the Big Ten Champ failed to even make the championship game 2/3rds of the time.

2018: Pick, Ohio State. Actual, Ohio State.
2017: Pick, Ohio State. Actual, Ohio State.

2016:
Pick, Ohio State. Actual, Penn State.
2015: Pick, Ohio State. Actual, Michigan State.
2014: Pick, Michigan State. Actual, Ohio State.
2013: Pick, Ohio State. Actual, Michigan State.
2012:
Pick, Michigan. Actual, Wisconsin.
2011: Pick, Nebraska. Actual, Wisconsin.

I find it a bit ironic that the B1G stopped doing this pole themselves a few years ago and this newspaper too over. The Ironic part is that on the B1G facebook page they posted this and started discussion on it in at least two different posts.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back