• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten Coaches Talk Anonymously

Thanks for sharing that article. Some interesting tidbits and takes in there all around.

from that link..

"Obviously, this is a big year for them. They're talented enough, but is there some kind of mental block here? If they can't come out and win and show some signs that they can build around what they're doing, this is probably it."

We were 95th in turnover margin! Combine that with horrible ST play and guess what.... you have a 3-9 season. Fix those two things and we've got a decent chance at having a winning season imo. We BEAT OURSELVES time and again which had to mentally drain players and coaches. That absolutely needs to stop and it had better start Game 1 or we could have another crappy season. To say nothing of what happens with HC Scott Frost if that occurs.

Last edited:
This comment about Maryland and their QB could have been recycled from last year about NU-

"Sometimes that talent-first mentality can bite them because they're so aggressive with their calls. It's like they're using every play-call to recruit. So they'll hit a big play, gash you for 50, and just as easily turn it over the next play."

Last edited:

We were 95th in turnover margin! Combine that with horrible ST play and guess what.... you have a 3-9 season. Fix those two things and we've got a decent chance at having a winning season imo. We BEAT OURSELVES time and again which had to mentally drain players and coaches. That absolutely needs to stop and it had better start Game 1 or we could have another crappy season. To say nothing of what happens with HC Scott Frost if that occurs.

I think we finally have an OC who understands ball security > offensive explosion.

The "all-bus team" quote is recycled from last year, or the same anonymous source is just repeating himself most likely.

I 100% agree with the quote about the offensive line needing to be good enough to sustain drives and give the defense a chance to rest. When the defense has been good enough to win, they still have been exposed because the time of possession gets so lopsided and the guys get worn down. The offense would either score quickly, or lose possession quickly. Its the exact opposite of how the Big 10 works. You get limited possessions in this league.

Looking forward to games starting soon. I'm tired of the talk.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back