• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten bound?

If you google it, the link still shows up so there was an article there at one point. Even the google cached page has been scrubbed though, so the Big 10 Illuminati must have taken action.

Link is dead..Go Big Red

Somebody floated a balloon that sank pretty fast.

When it comes to conference realignment, where there's smoke there's usually fire.

It's easy to forget now, but remember back when Missouri was strongly flirting with the Big Ten? It was largely seen as an impossibility and then essentially Nebraska and Colorado beat Mizzou at their own game. Of course, it worked out pretty well for the Tigers (and TAMU) since either the SEC or B1G is a massive upgrade over the Bevo Conference.

Also, my major problem with Texas is their off-field shenanigans, such as the way their leadership tries to control every other school in the conference. On the field, they're a football blue blood and would help bolster the conference's profile. Lately the Big Ten and SEC have been going neck-and-neck for supremacy in college football. Snagging OU and UT would put some distance between the Big Ten and SEC, IMO.

In regards to reigning in Texas, don't forget that the Columbus Blowhards can be pretty darn stubborn themselves. While a coalition of Lincoln + The Big XII Northies couldn't reign in Texas, I doubt that a NATO of Columbus, Ann Arbor, Madison and State College would put up with much tomfoolery from the Horns. Plus we have the Purple Nerds to help outsmart them.

Last edited:

Teams would have 2 crossover games, soooo basically 2 conferences.
Having said that, the West conference would stack up.

And Nebraska would somehow draw Ohio State and either Michigan, Sparty, or Penn State on crossovers every year. On top of playing Iowa, Wisconsin, OU, and the Whorns.

Oops, that last sentence above just drew a 15-yard penalty for "making a reference that is insulting to the University of Texas".

Texas and OU could score another $20 million a year joining the B1G, maybe more, but the control of the Big 12 is worth that to them, and probably a lot more.

If the two ever DO go conference hunting, it will be the B1G.

so I clicked on the link to the article and wow, this idea broke the internet.

Welcome to the end of the internet!
We can't find the page you are looking for.
The page you were looking for has either moved to a new location or has been removed all together. If you feel you have come to this page by mistake please check the url and make sure it is correct.

If none of these solutions solves the problem please utilize the links below to help toss you back into the sporting news awesomeness of 247Sports!

You will be redirected to the home page in 10 Seconds

so I clicked on the link to the article and wow, this idea broke the internet.

Welcome to the end of the internet!
We can't find the page you are looking for.
The page you were looking for has either moved to a new location or has been removed all together. If you feel you have come to this page by mistake please check the url and make sure it is correct.

If none of these solutions solves the problem please utilize the links below to help toss you back into the sporting news awesomeness of 247Sports!

You will be redirected to the home page in 10 Seconds

6B3B30C0-8170-424C-84E6-E1B664DEEBEB.jpeg

No he broke the internet

Last edited:
It’s funny that the page was there, and then mysteriously disappeared. It’s even more odd that the google cached version shows a 404 error. Who knew Delaney had that much power.

Remember when they were talking about OU and TU joining the Pac 12. I see the same problems here as they had then. One, Texass already owns a league and a network and doesn’t have any desire to give them up. Two, OU is joined at the hip with OSU and can’t go anywhere without them and nobody wants OSU.

If the Big Ten was going to poach the Big 12, I'd rather have them steal Kansas and OU. It'd keep the conference more geographically connected, and we'd be getting one football blueblood and and one basketball blueblood. And like everyone else has pointed out, Texas doesn't have a good track record with the Big 12.

Um...not to Texas. OK to OU and someone else. I don't think Texas makes a move if it can help it. They are in control. OU and Kansas is an idea but Kansas football is about as bad as there is in P5 football. Not many TV's except for the BBall program. I think OU-Notre Dame is the ticket...but doubtful ND every aligns with anyone.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back