• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten Baseball Tournament

The top seeds are struggling. #7 Ohio St. defeated #2 Michigan. It looks like the Iowa game should start on time.

Iowa leads Indiana 3-1 in the top of the 8th. Unless the game goes into extra innings, our game should start on time.

I think it was last year that I was joking around with someone about the terrible crowd for the tourney. If I'm not mistaken it was in Minneapolis. I didn't see the first games but watching Iowa and Indiana I'm disappointed in the crowd. Thought Omaha would do better than this.

I think it was last year that I was joking around with someone about the terrible crowd for the tourney. If I'm not mistaken it was in Minneapolis. I didn't see the first games but watching Iowa and Indiana I'm disappointed in the crowd. Thought Omaha would do better than this.
Why would Omaha care about anyone other than Nebraska on a weekday during business hours?

Last edited:
Why would Omaha care about anyone other than Nebraska on a weekday during business hours?
The crowd is terrible and I wouldn’t call the current game business hours. Flip over to the SEC tournament and compare atmospheres. It appears our fans and the conference have relegated baseball to second class status. I expected more.

The crowd is terrible and I wouldn’t call the current game business hours. Flip over to the SEC tournament and compare atmospheres. It appears our fans and the conference have relegated baseball to second class status. I expected more.
The Big Ten conference has relegated baseball to second class status via their scholarship rules.

Your expectations were too high then. Last nights Nebraska game attendance surpassed the entire tournament attendance figure for when it was held in Bloomington in 2017. If you expected doubling entire tournament attendance first day, again, you set the bar too high.

First day highlight from the mighty SEC, check out that attendance!

Last edited:
Your expectations were too high then. Last nights Nebraska game attendance surpassed the entire tournament attendance figure for when it was held in Bloomington in 2017. If you expected doubling entire tournament attendance first day, again, you set the bar too high.

First day highlight from the mighty SEC, check out that attendance!

If I am not mistaken this was a 9:00 am play in game on Tuesday-not exactly fair to be comparing it with Iowa and Indiana that began at 4. I don't think anyone was surprised that the attendance improved once Nebraska played. Not worth arguing over, I just thought it would be better.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back