• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Big Ten All Freshman Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doubt under Bo we will ever have a ton of guys on this list- but if you do they will be on the All conf team soon enough!

Iggy posted a similar thread yesterday....just a small thing its not the All Big Ten Frosh Team its "Dienhart: My All-Big Ten Freshman Team"

Doubt under Bo we will ever have a ton of guys on this list- but if you do they will be on the All conf team soon enough!

That's because Bo understands (like Osborne) that most high school players really need a full year in the "Husker System" to understand the schemes and plays.

Remember LaVonte David's growth from his junior to senior years? He was a freak athlete as a junior and made a ton of big plays, but he was skating by on athleticism and not his brains or understanding of the system. As a senior he became an unstoppable force because he "got" the concepts.

Many teams trade that extra year of development away in favor of a freak freshman who has big athletic talent. But unfortunately, there's a down side, too. Freshmen who come in an unseat seniors can develop a touch of entitlement and may not give 100% of their mental devotion to the team. Kids who are forced to spend a year on the scout team develop a work ethic. And it weeds out the hard workers from the showboaters.

I'd gladly give up every spot on every freshman phenom list ever - if it means grabbing more spots on all-conference and all-American lists, and winning titles.

That's because Bo understands (like Osborne) that most high school players really need a full year in the "Husker System" to understand the schemes and plays.

Remember LaVonte David's growth from his junior to senior years? He was a freak athlete as a junior and made a ton of big plays, but he was skating by on athleticism and not his brains or understanding of the system. As a senior he became an unstoppable force because he "got" the concepts.

Many teams trade that extra year of development away in favor of a freak freshman who has big athletic talent. But unfortunately, there's a down side, too. Freshmen who come in an unseat seniors can develop a touch of entitlement and may not give 100% of their mental devotion to the team. Kids who are forced to spend a year on the scout team develop a work ethic. And it weeds out the hard workers from the showboaters.

I'd gladly give up every spot on every freshman phenom list ever - if it means grabbing more spots on all-conference and all-American lists, and winning titles.

nice post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back