• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten 2024-25 scheduling announcement

Here it is ...

Nebraska will play four Big Ten home games and five road contests during the 2024 season. Big Ten opponents visiting Memorial Stadium in 2024 will include Indiana, Michigan State, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Nebraska will travel to Iowa, Northwestern, Penn State, Purdue and Big Ten newcomer UCLA.

The 2025 conference schedule will feature five home games for Nebraska, with Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Rutgers, and UCLA coming to Lincoln. Nebraska will travel to Maryland, Minnesota, Ohio State and USC during the 2025 Big Ten schedule.

Game dates for the 2024 football schedule will be announced later this year.

The Big Ten Conference schedules were developed based on a Flex Protect Plus model, which features a combination of protected opponents and rotating opponents for universities. Each school will continue to play nine conference games per season, and teams will play every other conference opponent at least twice—once home and once away—in a four-year period.

Nebraska’s one guaranteed annual protected matchup will be against Iowa. The Huskers and Hawkeyes have concluded the regular season against each other on Black Friday since Nebraska joined the conference in 2011.

The 2024 Big Ten Football Championship Game will be the first to feature the top two teams in the overall conference standings at the end of the regular season. Tiebreaking procedures will be announced later.

Nebraska 2024 and 2025 Big Ten Opponents

Home
: Indiana, Michigan State, Minnesota, Wisconsin

Away: Iowa, Northwestern, Penn State, Purdue, UCLA

Home
: Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Rutgers, UCLA

Away: Maryland, Minnesota, Ohio State, USC

Last edited:

image_handler.aspx

image_handler.aspx

image_handler.aspx

I don't understand what the "Two Play" other opponents are. Is every other conference game not also going to be a home and away rotation then cycle out?

I don't understand what the "Two Play" other opponents are. Is every other conference game not also going to be a home and away rotation then cycle out?

Looking at the schedules, it looks like they are just scheduling willy-nilly for the other 6 conference games.

2024 UCLA FOOTBALL OPPONENTS
at Hawai'I (Aug. 31)
Fresno State (Sept. 14)
at LSU (Sept. 21)
at Indiana
at Iowa
at Michigan
at Rutgers
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Ohio State