• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Big Red Breakfast 9/7 - Joe Ganz

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best reads I seen in a while. Joe seems like a great guy. Doesn't sound like he takes himself too serious. It would be nice if he got a full time coaching position with NU at some point. Thanks David!

Fear the GANZ!!!

I love these reports - thanks so much. And yeah, I you had me rollin with Joe's comments about the WM game.

I liked it when Joe was a guest host on 1620 a couple of times, the guy is very funny as well as very knowledgeable about the game.. duh.. He could have a future in broadcasting too if he ever wanted to.

I hope the playing with a concussion story goes no further.

On the recruiting comments, Bo's policy of being up front with recruits about having to earn playing time effects our ratings. It is absolutely the best approach to recruiting and roster management in my opinion. But when the hand wringing starts about our middling ratings in recruiting, this policy has to be taken into account. We could recruit very well to Lincoln, star-wise that is, if we promised immediately playing time but it's a cancer and we've seen how that worked.

I love Joe... but I think he needs to polish his game and learn "Coach Speak"...:Biggrin:

Thanks for the write-up -- excellent as always.

One thing though -- Ganz was recruited by Callahan right after Solich was fired. Otherwise he'd probably still be playing for us.
Agreed, I assume Max didn't make the error... he transcribed it correctly... so perhaps it was a Freudian slip...

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back