• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BIG Recruiting Weekend. (3-24/25 2023) Thread Update: Recruits Comments

It wasn't that long ago that Tommy Armstrong was throwing a 99-yard bomb to beat Georgia in a bowl game. Though our paths have diverged since then, there is no reason why we can't start competing for championships under the right leadership. We need to get rid of the attitude that we can't go head to head in recruiting against the best programs. If we show that we can win here, the sky is the limit.
Great point.

A lot of our guys do. Heck, last season I was telling people about Hartzog and they told me he'd never see the field. The next game he went off.
I thought he had special potential. Malcom is special
Sherman though has it all. If he gets a little of Malcoms playmaker in him,watch out

It would obviously be nice to land some of these elite guys but probably the better route is to find the guys that aren't offered by the Bamas/Georgias/Ohio States of the world -- guys who are super-talented but those schools just don't have enough room. Guys like Ajay Allen, Ameer, etc. Then once the wins start coming, elite guys will look at us more seriously.

Of course if we land Dylan, surely some other top guys will follow. At this point though I'm still very skeptical. One thing that gives me hope is that he and his dad know how much this means to the state of Nebraska, and I don't think they'd keeping stringing the fan base along only to break their hearts all over again in the end.
Disagree. Shoot high, but have a backup plan. I have no doubt Rhule is doing this.

Rhule is a good coach, he has a good staff, and Nebraska has a lot to offer. They will click with some before others. But they won't find those without trying.

It may work out that we have to improve on the field to move the needle with many top candidates, but that will happen of its own accord.

It would do many fans well, of course, (I'm not talking about you Machine) to understand this and not get upset with striking out a lot initially, but that doesn't mean Rhule shouldn't be shooting high.

Compete to win in everything in every way.

Last edited:
The bright side to all this even if we don't get DR or those other highly rated recruits, we are getting a lot of social media attention and recruits are noticing what Coach Rhule is doing. I live in Virginia and had a stranger start talking to me about the Cornhuskers at the gym (had a 1997 NC shirt on). Never happened to me before. He was not a fan of NU, he just noticed all the commotion on social media. Recruits are walking away impressed. It's a start in the right direction. Start winning games and I think the narrative will change. quickly.

CD156B78-09A0-4D7B-B87E-41AEDA175BB9.jpeg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back