• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BIG presidents are cowardly political hacks.

After warning of the dangers of the "industrial-military complex" in his farewell speech, President Eisenhower warned of the dangers of the huge $$ associated with the federal government funding research and public policy becoming "the captive of a scientific-technological elite."

"In this revolution, research has become central; it also becomes more formalized, complex, and costly. A steadily increasing share is conducted for, by, or at the direction of, the Federal government...In the same fashion, the free university, historically the fountainhead of free ideas and scientific discovery, has experienced a revolution in the conduct of research. Partly because of the huge costs involved, a government contract becomes virtually a substitute for intellectual curiosity...The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present and is gravely to be regarded.
Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific-technological elite."

There are lots of taxpayer dollars to be had by making sure your COVID-19 research reaches the proper conclusions. Add the media to it and the government-academic-media complex is a beast equally as dangerous to the American people as the industrial-military complex.

I thought political posts/threads were only allowed in Hot Topics? Big Presidents are Cowardly Political Hacks is most definitely a Political Thread just based off the thread title.
This is specifically about the politics of football. It is not about elections or congress etc. The politics of football is not the politics that was being discussed. This is a vent against no football thread. It is not political in the traditional sense

Watching Barry in BTN. I think he was a first stage Alzheimer's disease. Progressive disorder that causes brain cells to waste away. Or drunk. (I'm serious)

Everyone likes to say Barry is "ex-NU", but really, Barry is all about Barry and a full fledged B1G mouthpiece. He will go down with the ship as he has been pandered to by the B1G for a long time now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back