• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big news out of Gopher country

I would imagine any projected 1st rounder will be considering this. There isn't much for them to gain.
Any later projections would probably be looking to improve their draft status.
Hopefully many of them want to play because they love the game or will do it for their team/teammates.
I couldn't blame someone for not wanting to risk their future though.

I was until I realized there probably is only about 30 guys that this works for? Maybe?

I think we start seeing more of this type of stuff. I don't think it get to the point that we have 30 guys a year sitting. But I can see 5-6 guys every year saying I won't improve my draft status by playing so I am not going to risk it.

I think we start seeing more of this type of stuff. I don't think it get to the point that we have 30 guys a year sitting. But I can see 5-6 guys every year saying I won't improve my draft status by playing so I am not going to risk it.
Probably true. I know it's a question that comes up a lot during the draft if you start taking plays off or even games. But at the end of the day, Joey Bosa and guys that caliber are going to get drafted. But, a lot of those kids go to a school to win a championship, so hopefully we can get on that level.

Sounds about right. Lower prospects will want the chance to improve their status and many will just play because they want to. Some will see the big payday all but assured and won't want to take their chances or risk it due to injury or now illness.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back