• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big news out of Gopher country

While they may have wavered on the punter, that was a long time ago when no one knew if there would be a season. Parsons and Bateman made their decisions with the understanding we were still going to have a season and opted out, then signed with an agent, and made posts about prepping for the NFL. Maybe the NCAA will grow even the smallest amount of a backbone, otherwise this will open up a whole can of worms going forward. Besides, both have probably already received impermissible benefits since they signed which is a big no no.

I think the key is that with the punter case, the stated reason for his reinstatement was due to COVID limiting evaluations and workouts which may have affected his draft status. If someone can go through the entire NFL draft process including the combine, then get their eligibility back "due to covid", then pretty much everyone is going to be able to get it back. Not saying that it is right, but it looks like that is what the NCAA is going to do.

I'd agree with many of the comments already made. Given the NCAA's trend of arbitrarily allowing more exemptions and the unusual circumstances we are facing this season, they'll likely allow all these signees to play.

The ESPN ticker... is stupid.

I was going to say, it said Bateman was back on the team, just now. But then they said he still needed a waiver to compete.

:Facepalm:

I think the key is that with the punter case, the stated reason for his reinstatement was due to COVID limiting evaluations and workouts which may have affected his draft status. If someone can go through the entire NFL draft process including the combine, then get their eligibility back "due to covid", then pretty much everyone is going to be able to get it back. Not saying that it is right, but it looks like that is what the NCAA is going to do.

Yeah, sure. He broke records at the combine, but it hurt his draft status. And one guy said one bad word to Justin Fields, so he gets to play right away. NCAA is worthless.

I also heard they're letting former first round draft picks come back just to play against Nebraska. Something about the "Desmond-Forde Clause".

:Sarcasm:

Maybe I'm a hardbutt but if you say I'm opting out for whatever reason your done. Be a man stand behind your decision and drive on. People have gone soft and are all in their feelers. Accountability on some levels just doesn't happen.

Maybe I'm a hardbutt but if you say I'm opting out for whatever reason your done. Be a man stand behind your decision and drive on. People have gone soft and are all in their feelers. Accountability on some levels just doesn't happen.
Agreed. Commit, integrity and accountability don't mean what they used to. There was a time when players committed to a team and they stayed through the end of their eligibility. Now the transfer portal has enabled player to bounce across teams like the silver ball in a pinball machine. I don't like the decision to allow player that signed with an agent back in, but in this Covid year, that seems like the most "forgivable" stupid decision made by the NCAA (or B1G).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back