• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BIG Makes It Official Forfeits For Teams Who Can Not Compete Due To COVID; No Contest IF Both Teams Have It

I didn't think they'd actually go forward with an automatic forfeit. This will be interesting to see how it plays out and affects the standings.

Hypothetically, what's their response if Ohio State, and say, Indiana, are both undefeated and the Buckeyes have to forfeit a game due to Covid? It's going to be really interesting to see if they unilaterally apply the rules or if they bend them for a potentially playoff-bound team from the Big Ten.

I didn't think they'd actually go forward with an automatic forfeit. This will be interesting to see how it plays out and affects the standings.

Hypothetically, what's their response if Ohio State, and say, Indiana, are both undefeated and the Buckeyes have to forfeit a game due to Covid? It's going to be really interesting to see if they unilaterally apply the rules or if they bend them for a potentially playoff-bound team from the Big Ten.
They'll do exactly what they did last year, change the rules and then say it's not an actual change or that something else changed to make them change.

Better than I expected. I figured Warren might announce that Big 10 teams would forfeit all nonconference games.

But is there a specific rule for how many players have to be eligible for the team to be able to play? It seems like with Nebraska's massive roster there is almost no chance they wouldn't be able to field a team.

The ten will find a way to protect tosu.Hard to give a team a loss for Covid-19 if all players and staff have the vaccine and still someone gets Covid.Jmo.Keep the faith.GBR.

I'm not in favor of this at all. That said, I don't know how you would make up lost games, so it probably is the only plan that works. Most teams have just one bye week, and they all don't fall on the same weekend. It sucks. I'm just tired of Covid and how we've let it ruin everything in our lives. That's not a political statement either. It's just an "I'm fed up with living like this" statement.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back