• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Big East and BCS games ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Power of Corn

Scout Team
10 Year Member
its my understanding that the BIG EAST has only 7 teams now---- are they still gonna get a automatically qualified team ? really ? how do we even stomach that, of the 65-66 (?) teams in the bcs 5 of their 7 big east teams would probably finish dead last in every other league, and the top 2 are in the top 25 only because they play all their games against the big east opponents,

I dont dislike the schools, theyre fine institutions, with great individual historys, that had great players, but as a conference they have kind of gotten locked out of the football world. can you imagine if they had gotten penn st 20 years ago, what that conf may look like. ?

I kind of feel sorry for them, because they seem locked into a conf. that has no future to be competitive with the other big ones, and they have nowhere to go but down, and I hate to see that happen to any school.

its my understanding that the BIG EAST has only 7 teams now---- are they still gonna get a automatically qualified team ? really ? how do we even stomach that, of the 65-66 (?) teams in the bcs 5 of their 7 big east teams would probably finish dead last in every other league, and the top 2 are in the top 25 only because they play all their games against the big east opponents,

I dont dislike the schools, theyre fine institutions, with great individual historys, that had great players, but as a conference they have kind of gotten locked out of the football world. can you imagine if they had gotten penn st 20 years ago, what that conf may look like. ?

I kind of feel sorry for them, because they seem locked into a conf. that has no future to be competitive with the other big ones, and they have nowhere to go but down, and I hate to see that happen to any school.

The Big East could have been a powerhouse. But around the same time they added Cincinnati and Louisville, they also lost Boston College, Miami and Virginia Tech to the ACC. And this year they lost Pitt and Syracuse.

Their biggest setback is that they allow full members, football-only members, and everything-but-football members. Georgetown competes only in basketball. Boise State will compete only in football. Cincinnati competes in everything. That KILLS a conference.

A perfect example is Kansas/Missouri (although the Tigers killed it by moving to the SEC). The Jayhawks and Tigers are just about pound-for-pound identical across sports. KU has a slight edge in basketball most years, but MU's usually a little better in football. Regardless, they HATE each other in EVERYTHING - which makes for a great rivalry - which makes for a great conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back