• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Dance Chances

I think if we beat Wisconsin and MSU, then we start getting talked about again but realistically, we have to win the tourney.

I can’t think 19-16 gets it done, even with two neutral wins over ranked teams. I think 20-16 would, though, but maybe a play in game.

Well, seeing as we're 18-15 now, another win (Wisconsin) would put us @ 19-15. I don't know if that would do it either.

I can’t think 19-16 gets it done, even with two neutral wins over ranked teams. I think 20-16 would, though, but maybe a play in game.
Normally I would agree with you but this has a different feeling. Starting to pull on everyone’s heart strings. They have the quality wins and 19 wins does get u in. Losing conference record is the big negative but they may get a break because of losing key player, taking their licks and finishing strong (4 out of 5 if they beat Wisconsin and lose next game).

Well, seeing as we're 18-15 now, another win (Wisconsin) would put us @ 19-15. I don't know if that would do it either.
We have to finish with 16 losses unless we win the B1G — in which case it’s automatic. So 19-16 and 20-16 are the options to consider.

We have to finish with 16 losses unless we win the B1G — in which case it’s automatic. So 19-16 and 20-16 are the options to consider.

I see what you're getting at now. I went back and reread @Red Blitz's post that you responded too and realized what you were getting at. My bad. :)

And why do we have to finish with 16 losses? Win out (both tourneys) & have only 15 losses. It's only 9 straight we need. :Biggrin:

Regardless of Nebraska's chances to make the Big Dance, ESPN has made Nebraska a 4 seed in the "College Basketball Misery Index: When madness turns to sadness."
Nebraska Cornhuskers, 31.18
i
The Cornhuskers are the third team on this list that has never won an NCAA tournament game. Not only that, Nebraska hasn't won a conference championship since it won the Big 8 tournament in 1994 and was snubbed from the tournament last season despite winning 13 Big Ten games, something that had never happened.

So how are the Huskers this "low?" Nebraska did make the tournament recently, qualifying in 2014, and the Huskers are blessed to have rivals that haven't completely torn it up. While Creighton, Iowa and Minnesota have had more success than Nebraska, none of them has made it to the Sweet 16 this millennium. Therefore, there's less outside angst.
ESPN Link

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back