• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Board?

The top 8 or 9 guys in this class form a really good corp group, and I think there are some difference-makers. The misses at WR and particularly at LB are alarming though.
I agree, theres a really nice bunch of guys that that first 10. What worries me is we barely half full and might have to start filling it with plan B and Cs. And what if we lose some of those top 10. And we keep striking out in our most urgent needs. SCary. Hoping that HCSF has a keen eye for talent and that theres some diamonds in the rough he finds

Recruiting is seriously becoming a worry. I still believe in this staff but anyone who tries to spin 13 commits first week of November and constant misses at WR and LB as we are still in great shape is truly letting their love for this staff affect their judgement
Let's see what they do while they are on the road this week. Early signing period about 45 days away. On the field won't look better the last 3 games IMO.

LB recruiting has absolutely gone terrible. They've missed on several top of the board guys. Choe Bryant-Strother will be #5 along with Cody Simon, Malik Reed, Latarie Kinsler and Caleb McCullough. ALL of those guys were priority targets. At this point, how can you be confident they close the deal with kids like Kaden Johnson, Mister Williams, Regen Terry or Jared Ivey? Can they really get in the mix for Desmond Tisdol or back in it for Devyn Curtis? Can they realistically flip Brennon Scott?

LB was the top need of this class and has been a huge need for a few classes in a row now. After Ruud was able to get guys like Honas, Henrich and Hannah in '18 and '19, it's surprising how bad it's gone this year. Jovan DeWitt has been a complete nonfactor on the trail since he's been at Nebraska. I'm taking Hank Hughes, Bruce Read territory. If Nebraska whiffs on LB'ers this class, when you're wanting to sign a minimum of four and actually up to six, that can't go unaddressed.

LB recruiting has absolutely gone terrible. They've missed on several top of the board guys. Choe Bryant-Strother will be #5 along with Cody Simon, Malik Reed, Latarie Kinsler and Caleb McCullough. ALL of those guys were priority targets. At this point, how can you be confident they close the deal with kids like Kaden Johnson, Mister Williams, Regen Terry or Jared Ivey? Can they really get in the mix for Desmond Tisdol or back in it for Devyn Curtis? Can they realistically flip Brennon Scott?

LB was the top need of this class and has been a huge need for a few classes in a row now. After Ruud was able to get guys like Honas, Henrich and Hannah in '18 and '19, it's surprising how bad it's gone this year. Jovan DeWitt has been a complete nonfactor on the trail since he's been at Nebraska. I'm taking Hank Hughes, Bruce Read territory. If Nebraska whiffs on LB'ers this class, when you're wanting to sign a minimum of four and actually up to six, that can't go unaddressed.
Well said, as usual.

Poor performance on the field plus poor recruiting results is bad a combination for a position coach. Any time you are getting compared to the likes of Hughes and Reed... ouch!

They need to bring in an impact recruiter and a guy who can coach them up. OLB is way too important in this 3-4 to have your worst coach in charge.

CB for Bryant-Strother to UCLA.

Hopefully, it’s based on post visit euphoria. Not confident in how our LB recruitment is playing out.

This recruiting cycle was set up to be incredibly good for us...even a top 15 type class, especially considering the talent within the 500 mile radius. Based on Scott's momentum coming out of Central Florida, I'll admit I was proclaiming this would be the class to turn around this program. Now, I'm extremely concerned. Boy was I wrong. :Bananalazy:

Last edited:

Don't know which is worse, the recruiting struggles or the mass exodus of former high ranked recruits to the portal..... I'm not feeling as confident about the future as 18 months ago.

Losing has a way of really screwing up the recruiting. I'm thinking they will have to look at JUCO and Transfer portal to try to recover. This was supposed to be a big year on the field and in recruiting, It now seems to be going backwards on both fronts.

Last edited:

Seems to me they are done on the OL. They essentially took 5 last year and, unless they had a real stud in play, I don’t think they were going to take another this year.
understand, here's hoping they batted 100% with said 5. Just feeling, if they sign a class of 25, 3 OL doesn't seem excessive.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back