• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big 12 gets a significant raise

The Big 12 already has a lot of football and basketball games on ESPN+ Including the OU/Baylor game this weekend. There will be far more with additional teams added. Don’t kid yourself The Big 12 as a conference is ahead of only the Pac 12.

I did a little digging after your ESPN+ comment. The vast majority of the games will be on ESPN, Fox, FS1 and ABC. The Big 12 is the only conference that has both Fox and ESPN as partners. Fox is also picking up Big 12 basketball which is a huge win for the conference.

The Big 12 deal is considerably less than the SEC and Big 10, well ahead of the ACC, and likely well ahead of the Pac 10. My point was, all of the talk of the conference’s demise were a bit exaggerated. They just got a 20% raise with UT and OU departing.

Ironically, it is quite possible that, had UT and OU remained, they would have been very close to their “new” payout in the SEC, and without buyout fees.

Last edited:

The Big 12 is truly “any given Saturday”. Hate my pokes got smoked, but the uncertainty is what keeps me watching. Three weeks ago I could make the case that OSU was the best in the conference. Today they quite possibly are the worst. Yet still top 20.

Fun season in the big 12.
Probably as bad of a loss as they’ve had in 5 years at least. They laid an egg for sure.

Weak. Just like the Big 12 is about to be.
Be careful, OU fans may be wishing they were back in the Big 12 soon enough. OU is going to struggle to keep its head above water. I’ll be surprised if they are relevant after a few years in that league. I expect similar struggles as to what Nebraska has had. Changing conferences is not easy. But hey, your fans can’t now chant S E C, S E C, S E C.

Be careful, OU fans may be wishing they were back in the Big 12 soon enough. OU is going to struggle to keep its head above water. I’ll be surprised if they are relevant after a few years in that league. I expect similar struggles as to what Nebraska has had. Changing conferences is not easy. But hey, your fans can’t now chant S E C, S E C, S E C.
I’m sure it’s going to be way more challenging in the SEC. I hope we don’t fall off the face of the earth like Nebraska has.

Last edited:

I did a little digging after your ESPN+ comment. The vast majority of the games will be on ESPN, Fox, FS1 and ABC. The Big 12 is the only conference that has both Fox and ESPN as partners. Fox is also picking up Big 12 basketball which is a huge win for the conference.

The Big 12 deal is considerably less than the SEC and Big 10, well ahead of the ACC, and likely well ahead of the Pac 10. My point was, all of the talk of the conference’s demise were a bit exaggerated. They just got a 20% raise with UT and OU departing.

Ironically, it is quite possible that, had UT and OU remained, they would have been very close to their “new” payout in the SEC, and without buyout fees.
6B4BA567-FC31-4A0A-A29E-0ECE3A14125F.png

Great find. Except that’s basketball during football season. But I appreciate your bringing that up: With the new Big 12 media deal, the Big 12 is the only conference with two major networks on board, and Big 12 basketball will be nationally televised more than any other conference.

I’m not a basketball fan, but anywho…

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back