• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big 12 gets a lot of money from Fox and ESPN

CombatTargeteer

Husker Immortal
10 Year Member
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20120907/DA1552K03.html

The Big 12 announced a new 13-year deal with ESPN and Fox Sports on Friday that is reportedly worth $2.6 billion and should provide long-term stability for a conference that once seemed on the brink of collapse.
The deal to televise football and men's basketball through 2024-25 includes a so-called "grant of rights" by each of the league's 10 schools. That allows the Big 12 to retain the media rights and accompanying revenue of any school that leaves the conference. Few would be expected to ever take such an expensive step.

Isn't the $20 MM/Yr "average" per team about what we're getting from the B1G? Also, The Longhorn Network got rolled into this deal. So the question is, does Texas wind up with a disproportionate share of the $2.6 Billion? I suspect that TLN being rolled in is a face saving move... I'd bet Texas gets a disproportionate share, but probably will take a haircut... I think TLN was supposedly to be worth $15 MM per year... For all the grief caused by Texas' being obstinate on TV rights and TLN, they wound up about where they would have been without all the drama... And the B12 would have been a far stronger conference intact than it is now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back