• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Beware! Muskies are attacking humans.

An Ironman triathlete was sent to the hospital after being bitten by a freshwater fish while training Friday in Ontario, Canada.

Matt Gervais, 39, was bitten by a muskie while swimming in Lake St. Clair, USA Today reports. After noticing the fish had latched onto his hand while he was training in the lake with a friend, Gervais was taken to a hospital, where he received 13 stitches.

Is it that surprising?
Brecken-Kobylecky-photo-e1631133395893-1.jpg

A couple muskie stories.
A long time ago a little boy was swimming in Cass lake and he had some kind of metal buckle and git bit on the side.
The other, two guys out muskie fishing and they hear this yelling so they motor over to this lady having a fit on her dock, they pull up and shes yelling 'a muskie ate my Muffy! a muskie ate my Muffy!'

one of the guys asked whats going on, the lady replied, my little dog was swimming around the dock and a muskie came up and ate my poor little dog.

The other guy pipes up, 'what color was your dog?'

Last edited:
A couple muskie stories.
A long time ago a little boy was swimming in Cass lake and he had some kind of metal buckle and git bit on the side.
The other, two guys out muskie fishing and they hear this yelling so they motor over to this lady having a fit on her dock, they pull up and shes yelling 'a muskie ate my Muffy! a muskie ate my Muffy!'

one of the guys asked whats going on, the lady replied, my little dog was swimming around the dock and a muskie came up and ate my poor little dog.

The other guy pipes up, 'what color was your dog?'
Haha!! It took me a few seconds to catch on. ;)

I understand, but the overall makeup is almost identical. And that’s a big ass pike.

it looks like a freshwater versio of a barracuda.
Yes indeed, and those buggers have nasty teeth. I bass fish but often catch northerns instead and always dread having to get the hook out.

From the Minnesota DNR:
Angler ties state record for catch-and-release muskie
The DNR certified a 57 1/4 inch muskie caught July 23 on Lake Vermilion by Todd Kirby of Hudson, Wisconsin as tied with a 2019 muskie also caught on Lake Vermilion. With two Vermilion Lake muskies now tied for the state record, this well-known water body continues to prove itself as a top muskie fishing destination. Kirby had fished the lake a handful of times and was familiar with small pockets that muskie seem to inhabit.

“That Friday night we were up against the weather. There was a huge storm front moving through creating extremely unstable conditions. The humidity was high, and storm clouds were building. It was one of those nights that the fish seemed to be super active, our boat had multiple chases, one resulting in a 48 inch fish in the net — at that time my personal best,” Kirby said. They continued fishing into the night and around 10:30 p.m. he had a large “thud” hit his line hard when his bait was no more than 15 yards from the boat. “I compared it to reeling in a large moving ‘log’ and after a few dark splashes, she was in the net. Everything just happened so fast!” Kirby said. Kirby and fishing partners John and Will Gavic thought the fish looked 50 inches and were amazed seeing they caught a fish even longer, and one that would earn state record status.
kirby-photo-1_crop.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back