• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Between today and Sept 1st what changes need to be made...if any?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what happens if the defensive back bumps Martinez as he's trying to get off the line? :)

I know you posted this halfway joking, but it's true. I'm not sure where I'd put Martinez. He wouldn't make much of a receiver because he has difficulty planting and cutting. He has great early acceleration, but he's not going to just fly past DBs, especially if they have some early contact. I suppose with some coaching, he could be serviceable as a receiver, but can you see him going across the middle to catch a ball - especially if it's thrown high and behind him, like he does to his receivers?

Honestly, the only thing I think needs to happen is a key broken leg....

Agreed. Hopefully, it was in jest; but we're talking about human beings as well as football players. No place for that.

something that forces the coaches to make a move at qb....thats easy....just make sure our current qb rides in a car with his current girlfriend...nothing good can happen there

something that forces the coaches to make a move at qb....thats easy....just make sure our current qb rides in a car with his current girlfriend...nothing good can happen there

Granted, you put it more eloquently than I did. However, at least I only wished a broken leg. In your scenario, so much worse could happen!

OK, for those of you easily offended, I'll rephrase.

The only thing that needs to happen is a reserve QB needs to step up his game and win the starting job. Better?

Agreed. Hopefully, it was in jest; but we're talking about human beings as well as football players. No place for that.

Yes, absolutely. I forgot we were on the most politically correct message board in the US.

How about get some depth on this team. Seems like at most positions we have one guy who can somewhat get the job done. Once the "1" is out we are in trouble. I guess we don't know at the QB spot what kind of depth we have...

QB definitely not the problem. We also don't need "firings."

QB definitely not the problem? Seriously? Is it the O-line, which has opened holes for record-setting performances by running backs two years in a row? Is it the receivers, who have sacrificed their bodies trying to make desperate lunges for errant passes? Is it the defense, which has been placed in bad situation time and time again after interceptions and fumbles?

QB isn't the ONLY problem, but that would be a good place to start. If there isn't a legitimate competition in the spring and fall, I will be severely disappointed.

Maybe we should hire Callahan as recruiting coordinator....say what you want about the guy but he got some pretty good talent to Lincoln, just couldnt coach them. Bo has shown to be a good coach with Callahans recruits...good meaning being competitive with upper tier opponents (Va Tech, Texas, OU, Clemson) but with his own recruits we seem to get boatraced when facing top notch programs....much like 2003

Maybe we should hire Callahan as recruiting coordinator....say what you want about the guy but he got some pretty good talent to Lincoln, just couldnt coach them. Bo has shown to be a good coach with Callahans recruits...good meaning being competitive with upper tier opponents (Va Tech, Texas, OU, Clemson) but with his own recruits we seem to get boatraced when facing top notch programs....much like 2003

2nd worst idea I've seen today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back