• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Best WRs in the NFL

No doubt. There is currently no clear #1 WR for KC.

I'm guessing they'll draft a WR early now, but the odds of him being anywhere near Hill's level next season are basically none. The Chiefs really should work to develop a better run game, but I'm not sure they have a solid #1 RB either.

Hurts KC even more seeing the other teams in the AFC West improving in the offseason.
Yea the other 3 teams made big additions, while the chiefs traded away their #1 wr. Anxious times around here for sure.

I imagine the other AFC West teams are celebrating this. I can't imagine the Chiefs are better in the short-term because of this -- but lots of draft picks to build for the future.
Patrick Mahomes contract alone will force these moves by the Chiefs going forward. When one player takes all that money, it’s bad for everyone else. He, or anyone isn’t worth that much money. It’s absurd, selfish, and not what’s best for a TEAM.

The AFC is going to be a monster. Bills, Chiefs, Chargers, Patriots, Bengals. Then, there are teams like the Dolphins, Raiders, Broncos, Steelers, Ravens on their heels. Should be fun.

Lately there have been a number of very good WRs coming out of the draft and playing right away, and apparently this draft is full of good ones. I wouldn't be sure that the Chiefs lost that trade at all.

They now have twelve picks for this years draft and 3 of the top 100 picks including the 29th and 30th. They picked up Schuster already. My guess is they get at least one excellent WR out of this year's draft who will play well right away. They have plenty if they want to bundle a few of them and move to get a specific one they really like.

I think the Chief's major problem is the walkabout that Holmes seems to take every year for a few games when everything he's doing goes wacko.

Lately there have been a number of very good WRs coming out of the draft and playing right away, and apparently this draft is full of good ones. I wouldn't be sure that the Chiefs lost that trade at all.

They now have twelve picks for this years draft and 3 of the top 100 picks including the 29th and 30th. They picked up Schuster already. My guess is they get at least one excellent WR out of this year's draft who will play well right away. They have plenty if they want to bundle a few of them and move to get a specific one they really like.

I think the Chief's major problem is the walkabout that Holmes seems to take every year for a few games when everything he's doing goes wacko.

I don't believe KC lost the trade in the long term -- but I doubt they made themselves better in the short-term (2022-23 season).

There's definitely been WRs who have been studs in their rookie seasons in recent years (Chase and Jefferson, in particular). But even if they land a top notch WR in the draft, the odds are very good he won't be on the level of Tyreek right away.

Also -- their first pick is currently #29. Most projections have around five WRs going before that. While a deep class, I wouldn't count on landing a Jefferson or Chase as the 6th WR selected. They may consider trading up, as I think you suggested.

My concern with KC is that it appears both Denver and the Raiders will be improved teams with their offseason moves. And the Chargers are still very much a contender. That division offers very little room for error -- where even the slightest step down could put KC 3rd or 4th in the division (while still a good team).

MVS and JuJu are nice additions -- but neither is likely to be a quality #1 WR.

Weather man - I agree that one of the real problems the Chiefs face this year is everyone else on their side of things got better - noticeably better. And I don't discount the possiblity of Holmes having a stretch of bad games. That was his knock coming out of college and I don't think he has eliminated that.

Hill made DC go batty, since they had to play in ways that opened up the middle for TEs, slots and others because they almost had to play a two deep and relatively deep at that. No new guy is going to do that.

It's a close call, but that is a big buddle of picks right in the middle of the top two or three rounds. Reid can do a lot with those.

And while there is a history with Carr and Hill, this isn't Fresno state anymore.

Last edited:
Weather man - I agree that one of the real problems the Chiefs face this year is everyone else on their side of things got better - noticeably better. And I don't discount the possiblity of Holmes having a stretch of bad games. That was his knock coming out of college and I don't think he has eliminated that.

Hill made DC go batty, since they had to play in ways that opened up the middle for TEs, slots and others because they almost had to play a two deep and relatively deep at that. No new guy is going to do that.

It's a close call, but that is a big buddle of picks right in the middle of the top two or three rounds. Reid can do a lot with those.

And while there is a history with Carr and Hill, this isn't Fresno state anymore.
Carr and Adams?? Unless I missed something...

For the past couple years I have considered Hill as the best receiver in the league. Is he the best route runner? No. Does he have the best hands? No. Does he have the height of a go up and get it receiver? No. What Hill has is the most insane blend of speed and ability to find space that I have ever seen. Receivers like Adams and Diggs can be slowed down. Yes they are going to get their catches, but they can be slowed (Diggs in the playoffs against KC). Hill's speed in itself does it for me. I've never seen somebody be able to get over the top of double and triple teams on deep balls, or the ability to create space when he gets the ball. If you gave me a list of receivers, Hill is my go to. He requires, IMO, more attention than any other receiver in the league

Patrick Mahomes contract alone will force these moves by the Chiefs going forward. When one player takes all that money, it’s bad for everyone else. He, or anyone isn’t worth that much money. It’s absurd, selfish, and not what’s best for a TEAM.

Just think…Mahomes doesn’t even have the worst team contract now. :thumbsup:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back