• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Best way to give away home tickets?

Ol' Whatshisname

Non Know-It-All
2 Year Member
I've finally ponied up for 3 seats of season tickets. Yay me! As I live south of Wichita, and it's a 5+hr drive to Lincoln, I know for sure I'll not be going to all seven games. I'll probably get to three or four. I bought the seats fully knowing this. Not a problem for me.

So here's what I want to do: I want to give away those other three or four game tickets. When I was a kid, we were pretty poor; certainly couldn't afford to go to any games, and I didn't go to my first one until I was an adult. I would've killed to go to a game as a kid. What I would like to do is give some kids who love Husker football a chance to go, but otherwise wouldn't be able to.

How to do that? 1) I've thought about contacting the Superintendent at my small hometown, and find a few kids in similar situations. But that might impose a transportation issue, right? The kind of kids I'm targeting might not be be able to get a ride into Lincoln without posing a burden on the family. 2) I've thought about contacting the NU Alumni Association (I didn't graduate from UNL), maybe they might have a few ideas? I'm guessing they've probably had a few similar situations like this in their decades of experience?? 3) Maybe contact a Boys & Girls Club? That would have a built-in sponsor with transportation, so that problem would be solved. But B&G Clubs are mostly in the bigger cities, and being I was a small town kid, I'd like to target the same.

Other than those three, I'm out of ideas. Any opinions on what might be the best way to get three tickets per game in the hands of a couple kids and a responsible adult?

I've finally ponied up for 3 seats of season tickets. Yay me! As I live south of Wichita, and it's a 5+hr drive to Lincoln, I know for sure I'll not be going to all seven games. I'll probably get to three or four. I bought the seats fully knowing this. Not a problem for me.

So here's what I want to do: I want to give away those other three or four game tickets. When I was a kid, we were pretty poor; certainly couldn't afford to go to any games, and I didn't go to my first one until I was an adult. I would've killed to go to a game as a kid. What I would like to do is give some kids who love Husker football a chance to go, but otherwise wouldn't be able to.

How to do that? 1) I've thought about contacting the Superintendent at my small hometown, and find a few kids in similar situations. But that might impose a transportation issue, right? The kind of kids I'm targeting might not be be able to get a ride into Lincoln without posing a burden on the family. 2) I've thought about contacting the NU Alumni Association (I didn't graduate from UNL), maybe they might have a few ideas? I'm guessing they've probably had a few similar situations like this in their decades of experience?? 3) Maybe contact a Boys & Girls Club? That would have a built-in sponsor with transportation, so that problem would be solved. But B&G Clubs are mostly in the bigger cities, and being I was a small town kid, I'd like to target the same.

Other than those three, I'm out of ideas. Any opinions on what might be the best way to get three tickets per game in the hands of a couple kids and a responsible adult?
Dude, that is just freaking fantastic of you. Hopefully, you find what ever ways you need to be successful in helping underprivileged kids a chance to catch a Huskers game live. KUDOS to you sir.

I cant give you any advice on how to accomplish your goal.

However you and your actions define who you are as a person and what makes Nebraska football so amazing to so many

Hats off to you

Call me. We do a charity auction for children's advocacy center.

Do you know any adults in your hometown that would be willing to help? Let them have one of the tickets if they promise to provide transportation and meals for two needy kids

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back