• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Best singular memory of Nebraska football

On a personal level: new job in Nebraska; my two grade-school age sons and I visit the stadium in the summer of '83. Everything's open. We walk by the offices of the coaching staff. I held the door open for former coach Devaney. On the field there's Turner Gill throwing passes to Irving Fryar.

On a team level: Corey's two TD's vs Miami.

Fun thread. Too many to mention. One though stands out as it was just damn funny........1995 sitting in the student section against Arizona St; after the team got to 63 points in the first half, a student just a few rows above yelled that he wanted to play: the exact quote was him yelling: "I played football at Fremont Bergan!"

Miss those days.

Actually put a pic of Spurrier doing one of his 'hand swiping over his clenched face' in a 5X7 and put it on my desk at work after that game..lol. Good times.

Back around 1998 or so I started "talking" to a girl I met who played volleyball for Florida, and her roommate was Jesse Palmer (apparently co-ed roommates was a thing). Anyway I remember he broke his leg or something and was in their room when we were chatting, and she told him I was a Nebraska fan and he started running his mouth about how great the Gators were. I told her tell him this: "96. Fiesta. Bowl." His response: "F*** you" :Rolf:

Fun thread. Too many to mention. One though stands out as it was just damn funny........1995 sitting in the student section against Arizona St; after the team got to 63 points in the first half, a student just a few rows above yelled that he wanted to play: the exact quote was him yelling: "I played football at Fremont Bergan!"

Miss those days.
That game and the game we played in ASU’s stadium prior to the first game of the 1996 season set us up for that 19-0 shutout. Hard to think you weren’t going to stroll into that stadium and deliver another beat-down. We ran into a buzzsaw.

Back around 1998 or so I started "talking" to a girl I met who played volleyball for Florida, and her roommate was Jesse Palmer (apparently co-ed roommates was a thing). Anyway I remember he broke his leg or something and was in their room when we were chatting, and she told him I was a Nebraska fan and he started running his mouth about how great the Gators were. I told her tell him this: "96. Fiesta. Bowl." His response: "F*** you" :Rolf:
Wait, you and Jesse “buzz lightyear” Palmer are Eskimo brothers?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back