• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Best players

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalRed

All Big 10
5 Year Member
As I've been reading through the threads this week a rare irony became very clear.

Who is better, Anderson or Santos. Will Gregory or Moss win the starting spot at Rush End?

Is Gerry better for the Peso or should Seisay start against the Spread?

Is Banderas good enough to eventually overtake Santos?

Valentine, Curry, or maybe McMullen at the other DT spot?

Seriously, when was the last time that we've been able to discuss this many position battles with this many options available at each position without worrying that the inherent starter simply isn't good enough?

You left out............Harvey J or Charles J or A Green. Or how about Gerry or Afalava at the other LB spot. What about Newby or Cross and our kicking battle. Such a good problem to have. Means in one guy goes down, we should expect the dropoff to be minimal

As I've been reading through the threads this week a rare irony became very clear.

Who is better, Anderson or Santos. Will Gregory or Moss win the starting spot at Rush End?

Is Gerry better for the Peso or should Seisay start against the Spread?

Is Banderas good enough to eventually overtake Santos?

Valentine, Curry, or maybe McMullen at the other DT spot?

Seriously, when was the last time that we've been able to discuss this many position battles with this many options available at each position without worrying that the inherent starter simply isn't good enough?

This is the main reason why I don't mind having the discussion/argument about the players. It has been a while for me to be able to talk about this player being better, not because the other player isn't up to par. It's a big KUDOS to the staff and the strides they have made in recent recruiting classes.

As I've mentioned a few times, I would love to see the day that NU gets out of the REBUILD era and into the RELOAD era. I think we are well on our way.

You left out............Harvey J or Charles J or A Green. Or how about Gerry or Afalava at the other LB spot. What about Newby or Cross and our kicking battle. Such a good problem to have. Means in one guy goes down, we should expect the dropoff to be minimal
Couldn't remember all of them and I wanted to leave you guys something to add.

I would love to see what Anderson/Santos/Afalava could produce on the field at the same time in the coming games. And then bring in Gerry/Rose/Banderas. Just think what happens when you insert Love in any of those combinations or switch those names around throughout the course of the game.

This is the main reason why I don't mind having the discussion/argument about the players. It has been a while for me to be able to talk about this player being better, not because the other player isn't up to par. It's a big KUDOS to the staff and the strides they have made in recent recruiting classes.

As I've mentioned a few times, I would love to see the day that NU gets out of the REBUILD era and into the RELOAD era. I think we are well on our way.
We may never get back to that, but only having to add a juco here or there would be nice, wouldn't it?

One thing I do like is that we KNOW what our O-Line is going to look like. That is an area, I would like to see us pretty much sure what the faces are going to be. If the guys are upper classmen (as they are), over the course of the season, sprinkle in some snaps for the guys who may be replacing them to get them up to speed. LONG LIVE THE PIPELINE.

We may never get back to that, but only having to add a juco here or there would be nice, wouldn't it?

It's possible if you are winning. Oregon/Bama/Stanford/even my Baylor Bears are getting there. But yes, not having to depend heavily on JUCOs is a plus.

It has been a while. The past few years it has been one hole to fill after another. Now we have bodies and a real depth chart. The walkon program again producing All-Americans.

Charlie Jackson and his 4.2 speed waiting his turn. Nat Gerry with his afterburner, again waiting his turn. A Jonathan Rose who just a year or two ago was rated in the top ten or fifteen best covermen in the country out of high school, waiting his turn. A 325 lb. runstopper being backed up by another 320 pound player at DT. While others wait their turn. The top runningback out of California and the top running back from Texas, waiting their turn.

Instinctual linebackers that can move. Santos last year was the fastest linebacker. Now a year later he may not be the third or forth fastest. Bell was the fastest receiver last year. Now Moore is said to be faster and Wullenwabber is back as well. The drought is over. Now it's man the boats and pass the life preservers.

I think the topic of discussion here is the reason that Bo seems more relaxed and also appears to me to be more confident than any time in recent memory. Of course my perception may not be reality. :Biggrin:

Last edited:
I think the topic of discussion here is the reason that Bo seems more relaxed and also appears to me to be more confident than any time in recent memory. Of course my perception may not be reality. :Biggrin:

But we all hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back