• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Best Movie or TV Soundtracks

Rowdy Reddy Piper

Don't Bother Runnin'...
5 Year Member
What is the best movie or TV soundtrack/theme? Post it up, and why.

Challenge level: one that isn't by John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Klaus Badelt, or AC/DC.

I'd go with either the Beatles (A Hard Days Night) or the Bee Gees (Saturday Night Fever)

Saturday Night Fever with Travolta is kind of a cult classic and nailed the Disco era.

Last edited:

Game of Thrones may be a little cliche at this point but the music has been incredible. Especially in this clip during the scene in and under the Great Sept. I loved the organ in the mix.

EDIT: WHOA! The last video from Royal Tenenbaums is NSFW. A little bit of bare booby.

Wes Anderson has a knack for putting together killer soundtracks.

Rushmore - Great British Invasion soundtrack. In particular, the scene with "A Quick One While He's Away" by The Who is outstanding.

Life Aquatic - Seu Jeorge covering Bowie in Portuguese on an acoustic? Brilliant!

Darjeeling Limited - Two scenes/songs stick out to me:

Royal Tenenbaums - Ramones, Devo, Elliott Smith. Yes!

Last edited:
Also, Good Will Hunting introduced Elliott Smith to the masses. He even got an Oscar nomination and played the show.

RIP to, IMO, the greatest artist with Nebraska connections (although his connection is pretty weak).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back