• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Best experience yet for Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Nice article...free content...you have to love Michael...:)

Michael Rose might be the most valuable recruit in the 2012 recruiting class for Nebraska. The linebacker from Kansas City (Mo.) Rockhurst has become and extension of the coaching staff reaching out to commitments and recruits.

Rose has seen a lot of games already in Lincoln, but this weekend was the best according to him. It wasn’t just the game, but also the recruits that were also in town along with Rose that made the weekend great.

“It was great to be around those guys and it felt so much like a family to me. When I leave Lincoln it feels like I am leaving my family behind. I made a great decision.”

Rose said that although the recruits had only been together for just all day on Saturday that it was like a family when they were all together. Rose is hopeful that Nebraska will get some good news out of the group of visitors soon.

“We did everything together. They all enjoyed it. They were yelling and shouting during the game; throwing up the bones on third down. I was teaching them the fight song.

“Getting to go out with them on Saturday night was great. We all went out together. We all enjoyed ourselves. I just hope over the next few weeks, if everything pans out, hopefully we get some get good news in Lincoln and they join the Husker family.”

Much, much more here:

http://nebraska.scout.com/2/1115594.html

Last edited:

As I said on another thread...the "we are family" feeling that comes from players and coaches has a tremendous impact on recruits. Pelini catches a lot of hell about what to me are actually agenda-driven trivialities but I don't think he, his coaching staff, and TO and the athletic department get near enough credit for the Nebraska-way program they are running and the high character of the players they are attracting to this program.

You are right. You have to love this kid. I said just before the season, that I admire the "silent" leadership roles that are all over the current roster. The guys like Rex who lead by example on the field. But I would love to also see us get one of those guys who are "naturally" verbal in their leadership (instead of forced like we are trying to do to Martinez). It would be nice to get a "Tim Tebow" on the sideline for the offense or "Jason Peter" for defense.**

Mr. Rose looks like he could be a force on the field and also a great motivator to be what L. David was to our team this past weekend.

Leaders have to be vocal at some point.

I don't disagree with that. But forcing a man to do interviews and speak up for the team in order to show that he is a leader is doing the total opposite for his status IMO. It tells me that he is uncomfortable with the opinions of those around him so much that he would change his entire character to please them. I would have been happy with Martinez avoiding the media every chance he gets and being lights out on Saturdays, rather than him spending the entire offseason talking about how much of a leader he is and making bold statements ("We're ready to shock the world") them get a showing like we did last weekend. (I'm going to stop there as far as TM, I'm proud of what he accomplished this weekend)

But I would love to see a natural vocal leader down there firing up our boys every possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back