• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Best concert(s) you've ever been to

I wanted to see blackfoot so Frickin bad, they never came close to Nebraska area, love that bad.
Iron maiden in 82' was one of the better shows i seen, I been to over 100 shows,
Best time I had was parting with def leppard in their tour bus back when they were a back up band,
That was in Ames Iowa

Blackfoot was pretty good live.

The Eagles twice with Glenn Frey (RIP) and once after he passed.
Tom Petty 2017 in Atlanta, his final tour.
Hootie and the Blowfish 2019 in Atlanta. Side note, Barenaked Ladies were the opening act and were really good.
John Mellencamp 2017 in St Augustine. Emmy Lou Harris and Carleen Carter were the opening acts.
Billy Joel
Bob Seger 2019 in Jacksonville. He sounded amazing.....

Lots of others but those are my favorites......

First concert I ever went to was Three Dog Night at the Sioux City Auditorium my second concert was the Doobie Brothers after they released The Captain and Me.....

Last edited:

First rock concert: Chicago at Saratoga '75, best Nebraska concert REM 2nd time at the Drumstick, followed by Prince at the Civic Center, overall favorite concert The Stranglers at the Lawrence Opera House. Best Colorado concert, Stevie Ray Vaughan at Red Rocks, best recent concert The Shins at South Lake Tahoe.

First rock concert: Chicago at Saratoga '75, best Nebraska concert REM 2nd time at the Drumstick, followed by Prince at the Civic Center, overall favorite concert The Stranglers at the Lawrence Opera House. Best Colorado concert, Stevie Ray Vaughan at Red Rocks, best recent concert The Shins at South Lake Tahoe.

That's pretty awesome you saw The Stranglers. I got into a lot of their stuff in the 80s. Also awesome having experienced REM at the Drumstick (they had a lot of great up-and-coming bands there).

The Shins played literally across the street from my apartment about a year ago, and I didn't go. Kinda regret that.

Last edited:

Here's a random one but it honestly was a great concert. I had gone through a streak of older acts that just wanted to play their new stuff and not the classics. Raleigh had a free concert series outside, and I went to see Eddie Freaking Money. Dude gave it everything he had for an hour and a half and played every single hit song.

I'm a big Sawyer Brown fan. Got to see them at the state fair back when it was in Lincoln. Small venue, but lots of energy and great music. For the encore, Mark Miller put on a #18 Husker jersey and sang the Brook Berringer song. Tough to not shed a tear.

My first concert was in 1978? I think?

The best concert (most energy concert that is) that I have ever seen energy wise was the "Slippery when Wet" Bon Jovi concert in 1986? 1987?

Not a Bon Jovi fan.

I didn't want to go....the wife did though. Soooooooo...I did.

10 seonds in, everyone...all ages were on their chairs for the rest of the night.

March 1979, Memorial Hall Kansas City Kansas. Elvis Costello and the Attractions, second US tour.

Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Kansas is a medium sized venue, smaller than Pershing, holds about 4,500 packed. Elvis Costello and the Attractions only played for about 45-50 minutes, but at 3 minutes a song, that was about 15 songs. with no breaks for applause. For sustained energy, I've never seen anything like it. They ended with Pump It Up and they really Pumped It Up. By the end we were literally pushed back into our seats by the sound.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back