• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BEER!

Stopped at my local beer store that I know has Stone beer. Had a memory glitch and all I could remember from reading this post this morning was the "DIPA" part. Scanned the Stone's choices and bought "Delicious IPA"... oh well, I'm sure it will still be good.
Pretty difficult to find a bad offering from Stone.

True dat, Bugeater61! Sauce that Belching Beaver has some nice offerings. The Belching Beaver "Deftones #1: Phantom Bride" is outstanding as well. 16 oz cans/7.1% ABV.

Tonight I'm finishing my post-game medication series with a Melvin Citradamus. This bad boy weighs in at 9.5% and 76 IBUs, overhopped to the max with Citra Hops and loaded with citrus flavor but hop chewey, too. Goes down a lot easier than today's awful loss to the Boils.
citradamus-3029_0.jpg

After a really nice hike today, I came across Belching Beaver HOP HIGHWAY IPA. I really enjoyed it. 7.3% abv.
NEWBZ-10_grande.jpg
So, it seems I posted this once before, earlier this summer. I liked it twice. It's a good one.

Now, I just found this one last night and it was a little off putting at first(It was sort of warm, and I don't really like warm IPA's or warm beer for that matter). After I cooled it down a bit, the flavor started to come through, and I thoroughly enjoyed drinking this beer from Green Flash Brewing. It's another brew I would recommend for my fellow IPA drinkers.
Description
Our brewers rip—creating huge and complex double and triple IPAs at the pinnacle of craft beer enlightenment. Soul Style is their effortless and pure manifestation of the Single IPA. Citra, Simcoe, and Cascade hops are layered, allowing bright tropical waves of flavorful citrus and floral notes to break gently on the palate. Get stoked on a laid-back single and ride a wave to soothe your soul.

ABV:
6.5%
IBUs:

soul-style.jpg

Wife found this on sale, solid IPA.

"Hoppy and refreshing, Wolf Pup is our riff on a Session IPA. Highly drinkable with a wildly aromatic tropical and citrus character, it’s the perfect companion to keep on sippin’ for those long, sunny days. Brewed & Canned in Los Angeles & Fairfield, CA."

Wolf-Pup-Golden-Road-Brewing

Wife found this on sale, solid IPA.

"Hoppy and refreshing, Wolf Pup is our riff on a Session IPA. Highly drinkable with a wildly aromatic tropical and citrus character, it’s the perfect companion to keep on sippin’ for those long, sunny days. Brewed & Canned in Los Angeles & Fairfield, CA."

Wolf-Pup-Golden-Road-Brewing
Boy, that is essentially a light beer at 4.5% abv. I have never heard of Golden Road, I don't think.... I will see if I can find a 6er somewhere around here.

Well I've been missing out on the Beer thread!

Sauce my first great beers out West here were Green Flash West Coast IPA, Palate Wrecker American Imperial, Le Freak, 30th Street Pale. Then they went all crazy and tried to distribute to all 50 states, couldn't do it and recently imploded, closed their east coast brewery and pulled back their distribution. The weird part of this is, after they pulled back they opened a micro with better than average food just off UNL Campus at 16th & P. I would live under the counter there if I could
https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...Flash-Brewhouse-Eatery-Opens-Lincoln-Nebraska

And BG, GoldenRoad is co-owned by the youngest woman in the industry, 28 year old Meg Gill. She's a powerhouse and has a show on Viceland channel called BEERLAND! It's a little offbeat but worth the watch. There's a Golden Road DIPA called Wolf Among Weeds that I've seen but haven't tried. Now I think I will. Cheers!

28 year old Meg Gill. She's a powerhouse and has a show on Viceland channel called BEERLAND! It's a little offbeat but worth the watch.
I catch it when I can and yeah, I like it too. It's interesting to see how creative people are with their home brewing. I got into Brewdogs a few years ago, but I am not certain if they are actually still on the air or not. They tried to start selling their beer online, but it was cost prohibitive for me to order because of the outrageous shipping charges.

Bought a spendy 6er of this tonight, and I am still kind of on the fence about this one. The first one, kinda had this earthy taste(read dirt) and the second one was a little better. IPA's have to be chilled imo, and the first was a bit to warm for me. If I remember, I will give a follow up on the rest of the 6 pack in a day or two. This excerpt is from Men's Journal....
4. What The Hemperor Tastes Like
With a 7% ABV, this light golden lager makes for easy spring drinking.

“The hemp hearts provide a creamy mouthfeel and body to the beer, as well as contributing a spicy, herbal aroma,” Koenigs says.

The Hemperor has an earthy perfume and sweet, slightly bitter finish.

If you’re not a fan of the IPA variety (or the smell of marijuana, for that matter), you may be turned off by The Hemperor at first. But the taste isn’t nearly as pungent as the smell.
Yep, it smells like weed. Nope, there’s no THC
https://www.mensjournal.com/food-dr...ou-need-to-know-about-new-belgiums-hemp-beer/

Okay, so I had 2 more tonight, and they were a lot colder than last night. It's an interesting brew. I've definitely had much worse, see the Trader Joe's beer for example. Also, I've had much better from New Belgium and I would probably not buy this again, unless I got it on sale(I paid $11.99 for a 6er) and I've had better tasting Hemp Ale beer too. If you beer drinkers can find a single, it's at least worth a go, as you may like it more than I did. I think I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back