• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BEER!

Even if it's real, I wouldn't let that crap touch my hand. I don't do pumpkin spice.

I am all in with this sentiment, Mack. Pumpkin does not belong with hops and malts. Period. I do not care how much pumpkin your brewer can get at a low low price. It is unnatural.

Last year I read a review and tried the Dogfish Head Punkin' Ale and the best I can say is I drank it and didn't wretch. The pumpkin flavor was mellow and borderline approachable. Anything with the featured Pumpkin Spice in it should be packaged up and sent straight to Hell for those folks to enjoy.
Pumpkin PIE = :Rockon:
Pumpkin BREAD = :Shout:
Pumpkin BEER = :Puke:

I am all in with this sentiment, Mack. Pumpkin does not belong with hops and malts. Period. I do not care how much pumpkin your brewer can get at a low low price. It is unnatural.

Last year I read a review and tried the Dogfish Head Punkin' Ale and the best I can say is I drank it and didn't wretch. The pumpkin flavor was mellow and borderline approachable. Anything with the featured Pumpkin Spice in it should be packaged up and sent straight to Hell for those folks to enjoy.
Pumpkin PIE = :Rockon:
Pumpkin BREAD = :Shout:
Pumpkin BEER = :Puke:
You did it wrong. Pumpkin porter is the only suitable kind of pumpkin beer. It is legitimately delicious.

You did it wrong. Pumpkin porter is the only suitable kind of pumpkin beer. It is legitimately delicious.
Ok I'm game. I've seen the Avery Pump(KY)n Porter which is a robust 18.8% ABV. That will go into the basket next time.

And the only other one I see is Epic Imperial Pumpkin Porter at 8% ABV.

So basically you're saying "If there's plenty of alcohol in it the pumpkin tastes GREAT!" I can find no flaw in your reasoning. Thanks, Mack!

Ok I'm game. I've seen the Avery Pump(KY)n Porter which is a robust 18.8% ABV. That will go into the basket next time.

And the only other one I see is Epic Imperial Pumpkin Porter at 8% ABV.

So basically you're saying "If there's plenty of alcohol in it the pumpkin tastes GREAT!" I can find no flaw in your reasoning. Thanks, Mack!
You got it, now!

Right now, Founder's 12.3% Kentucky Breakfast Stout is taking me far away from today's humiliating defeat and closer to wetting my pants. Mmmmmm....
img_0887.jpg

Right now, Founder's 12.3% Kentucky Breakfast Stout is taking me far away from today's humiliating defeat and closer to wetting my pants. Mmmmmm....
img_0887.jpg
Founders is to be "Found" all around here, but this one, I have never seen. I have found that I really like Founders, so I will be excited when I finally find this particular Founders. Hope its good.

I found a Founder's Canadian Breakfast Stout in my cooling fridge tonight that I picked up in the spring I think, when we thought the Huskers were ALREADY back. So I've recently found some pretty nice Founder's droppings laying around here that are helping me dull the pain.

Since Founder's is in Grand Rapid's shouldn't I be boycotting them due to their, ya know, lacka respect to the visiting team?
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Beer transcends ALL things.
5A0EFD32-0926-49C8-BA8D-5D21DAC07B2B-500x500-crop.jpeg

Got this the other day from Trader Joe's. Come to find out, it's literally a TJ's branded beer. It's just not a very good beer at all. I bought it because of the name, Drive Thru Red, but it fell way short of being a good to decent beer. Wont ever bother buying this one again.... If you see it, don't even bother.
61149-drive-thru-red-ale.jpg

Inspired by drives through California’s majestic redwoods, Drive Thru Red Dry Hopped Red Ale is a deep amber red ale with strong caramel undertones and a rich, malty finish. Thanks to the dry hopping (adding hops to the brewing kettles after fermentation), the beer delivers festive, herbal hop aromas, but not so much hop bitterness on the palate. It’s really well balanced and delightfully drinkable.
The red bold, yeah, not so much.

Last edited:
Shoot that's a letdown, Sauce! It sounds so delish. Damn TJs and their marketing excellence! I've got a hoppy Pale Ale (homebrew) fermenting right now. I plan to harvest my last 2 ounces of homegrown Columbus and Cascade hops and throw them in for the dry hopping on Tuesday, bottling on Saturday after the Huskers pop the Bulbous Boils. Anybody coming out to the West Coast you're in on the bounty.

Just a Shout-out to the Stone 22nd Anniversary Anni-Matter DIPA. Found it in 12 oz bottles. Dear God I think I love this beer more than KingTM's Porch Throne.

Here's a Find this Beer link if you actually GAS.
https://find.stonebrewing.com/?beer=Stone+22nd+anniversary+anni-matter+double+ipa#ready

Hey Sauce I see your Dave Barry quote. I'm currently reading "Babies and Other Hazards of Sex" right now, again. That dude makes me cry sometimes. So there you have nearly the entire extent of my literary prowess; Dave Barry and all the Far Side books.

Just a Shout-out to the Stone 22nd Anniversary Anni-Matter DIPA. Found it in 12 oz bottles. Dear God I think I love this beer more than KingTM's Porch Throne.

https://find.stonebrewing.com/?beer=Stone+22nd+anniversary+anni-matter+double+ipa#ready

Hey Sauce I see your Dave Barry quote. I'm currently reading "Babies and Other Hazards of Sex" right now, again. That dude makes me cry sometimes. So there you have nearly the entire extent of my literary prowess; Dave Barry and all the Far Side books.
After a really nice hike today, I came across Belching Beaver HOP HIGHWAY IPA. I really enjoyed it. 7.3% abv.
NEWBZ-10_grande.jpg

Stopped at my local beer store that I know has Stone beer. Had a memory glitch and all I could remember from reading this post this morning was the "DIPA" part. Scanned the Stone's choices and bought "Delicious IPA"... oh well, I'm sure it will still be good.

Stopped at my local beer store that I know has Stone beer. Had a memory glitch and all I could remember from reading this post this morning was the "DIPA" part. Scanned the Stone's choices and bought "Delicious IPA"... oh well, I'm sure it will still be good.
That beer doesn't have a fancy or clever name. It just is what it says it is. Cheers!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back