• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Beef Tongue

It has been many years since I have had it. Mom would boil it and slice it and serve with cheese and crackers.

Who has cooked it, and how?
My Mom boiled the tongue so that it was well done. It was sliced for sandwich meat. We were kind of purists, no special spices or other seasonings. Sliced 1/8" to 1/4", added salt and pepper to taste (I also added a small amount of ketchup to the sandwich). I don't remember removing skin, but Mom may have done that.

For those of you who are more adventurous with spices, I think this would be an excellent cut of meat for smoking. I've never done it, nor have I even eaten any smoked tongue, but for those who have experience in that area, I suggest giving it a try. I would like to know how it turns out. I believe it would be very good.

I don’t eat beef tongue anymore. Never cared for the texture. When I have a cow butchered, I give the tongue, heart, and tripe to my Hispanic friends and workers. They go nuts over it. They use the tripe for menudo and the tongue for many different things. The heart…well I still don’t know what they use it for.

NOPE! Just nasty. Might as well eat the bulls balls too while you guys are at it.
You're right. There are too many parts that I already enjoy, why eat something you don't want to eat. I ate beef tongue in a cooking class at Lincoln East in 72'. It was ok, but felt no reason to ever eat it again. My SIL is really into Rocky Mountain Oysters, one other thing that I have no desire to partake.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back