• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Beef Tenderloin

I haven't tried it yet. I noticed it at Sam's Club, it looked pretty good so I picked up a bottle. Have you tried it?

Supposedly good with grilled meats, chicken, seafood, and vegetables.
I do like it, but I’ve only used it with stir fry noodles. And not even good noodles; just the quick frozen ones from Costco

I haven’t branched out with it yet

Big fan of smoking a beef tenderloin. I use a mix of Mesquite and Apple. About an hour 225-250, try to get the temp to around 120 ... then do a sear on the grill for 3-5 minutes ... I personally think it's the best way to do a beef tenderloin. It's become our Christmas go to meal.
Did you use a rub? I'm going to smoke a tenderloin tomorrow.

Thanks, I'm using your method. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Make sure you use a meat thermometer and finish it to your taste. I like mine on the more medium rare side of things. 130 - 135. When finishing with a sear, you have to be careful to hit your final temp and account for that few degrees it’ll rise when it’s resting. You’re gonna love it!

Make sure you use a meat thermometer and finish it to your taste. I like mine on the more medium rare side of things. 130 - 135. When finishing with a sear, you have to be careful to hit your final temp and account for that few degrees it’ll rise when it’s resting. You’re gonna love it!

We purchased a pre-trimmed, 4lb tenderloin from Sam's Club. I have a pellet smoker. My wife likes it rare, so I'll probably take it out and sear it at 125-130 on my Webber grill. Thanks for the help. Pretty expensive cut of meat, I'd hate to screw it up.

Last time I smoked one I put it in my Big Green egg at 225 for and hour and then finished it in a my Joule Suise Vide. It came out really good. In fact I cant seem to grill stakes anymore, they are so much better coked in the Suise Vide. I will start them there and then pan sear them when I am done. Best juiciest steak ever, cant screw it up. Please post some pics of your tenderloin when its done.

@nems, @THERAHUSKER, @Sodak Dick

Searing on the grill

Letting it rest

Finished My wife likes is rare. It was great. Very tender and tasty.

Attachments

• tender2a.jpg
    tender2a.jpg
    789.1 KB · Views: 142
  • tender1a.jpg
    tender1a.jpg
    886 KB · Views: 145
  • tender3a.jpg
    tender3a.jpg
    929.3 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
We purchased a pre-trimmed, 4lb tenderloin from Sam's Club. I have a pellet smoker. My wife likes it rare, so I'll probably take it out and sear it at 125-130 on my Webber grill. Thanks for the help. Pretty expensive cut of meat, I'd hate to screw it up.

Treat it like a big fillet and you’ll do great!
@nems, @THERAHUSKER, @Sodak Dick

Searing on the grill

Letting it rest

Finished My wife likes is rare. It was great. Very tender and tasty.

Wow! You freaking nailed it.

I am doing a big end of a beef tenderloin for Christmas. We will have ham also. I haven't decided what rub I will use for the tenderloin. It weighs about 4 lbs.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back