• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Beef Tenderloin

I've never thought of smoking a beef tenderloin.

Other cuts, sure. Brisket? Hell yes. Smoked a roast and it was pretty solid. Sirloin steaks prior to grilling as well. Pork tenderloin? All day. I'm sure it was good, but I could just never bring myself to smoke a beef tenderloin.

Yes, I smoke tenderloin. Better than grilling or oven? Depends on the person. Depends on the situation and what you're looking for taste-wise. If I know that I'm slicing it up for high-end sliders/sandwiches, then I'll smoke it every time. Same if I'm slicing it up for setting it out on a platter if having a meat smorgasbord.

HOLY CRAP.. Smoked it for 60 minutes on my pellet grill at 250 then raise the temp to 400. Took about an hour and 45 minutes total cook time. it was like butter melting in my mouth. Damn good. Got it from Sam's
What type wood pellets did you use? i.e. Hickory, oak,...etc.

I had a mix of hickory and apple (still had some in the hopper). I don't usually pay much attention to switching out pellets to match what is recommended. I tend to use what I have. A couple of the briskets I smoked I followed recommendations, but in the end the taste didn't change that dramatically.

Yes, I smoke tenderloin. Better than grilling or oven? Depends on the person. Depends on the situation and what you're looking for taste-wise. If I know that I'm slicing it up for high-end sliders/sandwiches, then I'll smoke it every time. Same if I'm slicing it up for setting it out on a platter if having a meat smorgasbord.

we think so.. we smoke often. Brisket, country style ribs, pork tenderloin, and beef tenderloin. I have never smoked ribs, I don't want to mess with removing that much silver skin... find it a pain.

I cut it more like steak size, since that is really what it is.

I've never thought of smoking a beef tenderloin.

Other cuts, sure. Brisket? Hell yes. Smoked a roast and it was pretty solid. Sirloin steaks prior to grilling as well. Pork tenderloin? All day. I'm sure it was good, but I could just never bring myself to smoke a beef tenderloin.

Tenderloin is just steak.. really good steak. I didn't smoke it like I would a brisket, I went about an hour at 250 degrees.. at that temp the smoke is less, but still impacts the meat.

Tenderloin is just steak.. really good steak. I didn't smoke it like I would a brisket, I went about an hour at 250 degrees.. at that temp the smoke is less, but still impacts the meat.

Who’d a thunk it.

Filet I just season and cook over a hickory or pecan charcoal fire. Gets a little but of smoke, but the cut is so tender I’ve never even thought about smoking it.

Big fan of smoking a beef tenderloin. I use a mix of Mesquite and Apple. About an hour 225-250, try to get the temp to around 120 ... then do a sear on the grill for 3-5 minutes ... I personally think it's the best way to do a beef tenderloin. It's become our Christmas go to meal.

I had a mix of hickory and apple (still had some in the hopper). I don't usually pay much attention to switching out pellets to match what is recommended. I tend to use what I have. A couple of the briskets I smoked I followed recommendations, but in the end the taste didn't change that dramatically.
Agree with this. I've tried most types of pellet; usually buy pecan or pecan blend when on sale.

Smoked a five pound bone in prime rib this evening for the 4th. Pellet smoker. Turned out great. Took about two hours. 400 for the first 30 min then 300 for
1 1/2 hours.

Attachments

• pr1.jpg
    pr1.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 205

What did you use the yum yum sauce for? dipping or marinade?
I haven't tried it yet. I noticed it at Sam's Club, it looked pretty good so I picked up a bottle. Have you tried it?

Supposedly good with grilled meats, chicken, seafood, and vegetables.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back