• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Beck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby and Bruce

Recruit
2 Year Member
Reading his comments about the game, he seems, in a very subtle way, to hold Martinez accountable for the offense's troubles (trying to do too much, trying to do what worked earlier). Yes, he admits his and team errors, but that doesn't seem to be his focus.

A good offensive coordinator takes control of the situation. If he feels his QB is making bad decisions, etc... he can jump in at any time and call plays himself by elminating checks, etc... Beck is a terrible playcaller when we are behind....no one to blame but himself. Without Martinez, we aren't even in this game.

Beck doesn't have a clue. Any coach that goes away from running the right side that gained 60 yards in 3 plays, to a fullback trap on 3rd down, and then doesn't go on 4th and 2, and opts for a fg with a struggling kicker, isn't much of a coach (you can throw Pelini in there too).

Beck doesn't have a clue. Any coach that goes away from running the right side that gained 60 yards in 3 plays, to a fullback trap on 3rd down, and then doesn't go on 4th and 2, and opts for a fg with a struggling kicker, isn't much of a coach (you can throw Pelini in there too).

It's worse than not having a clue. He wants to shift responsibility away from himself and toward a player.

It's worse than not having a clue. He wants to shift responsibility away from himself and toward a player.

That is a little disconcerting to say the least. No quicker way to lose a team than throwing players under the bus.

I just don't understand his decision to go away from the run game. And where was Imani Cross? If you're going to burn his redshirt you should use him! I'm actually excited about the playmakers on this offense, but not so excited about Beck's decision making in crunch time. Hopefully he'll learn from this and find a groove.

That is a little disconcerting to say the least. No quicker way to lose a team than throwing players under the bus.

I just don't understand his decision to go away from the run game. And where was Imani Cross? If you're going to burn his redshirt you should use him! I'm actually excited about the playmakers on this offense, but not so excited about Beck's decision making in crunch time. Hopefully he'll learn from this and find a groove.

Except he didn't throw Martinez under the bus. T&B says that's what they got out of it. Not that it was what was said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back