• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Be blessed and safe this Memorial Day Weekend!

"Memorial Day is an American holiday, observed on the last Monday of May, honoring the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military.
Originally known as Decoration Day, it originated in the years following the Civil War and became an official federal holiday in 1971. Many Americans observe Memorial Day by visiting cemeteries or memorials, holding family gatherings and participating in parades. Unofficially, it marks the beginning of the summer season."

Last edited:

Thank you All 'N' for remembering Memorial Day and those who paid the ultimate price.

Another significant event follows this Memorial Day weekend on June 6th with the 75th Anniversary of D-Day; and, I have been in recent correspondence with a college and ROTC classmate whose father was a Navy vet of D-Day.

My classmate's father, KB, was a crewman aboard the USS Satterlee (DD-626) that provided covering fire to the Rangers scaling the cliffs of Point du Hoc, Omaha Beach.

KB and his lovely wife were longtime residents of Lincoln, and I had the good fortune to get to know them a bit in my final year of school working for him in his land surveyor business. KB and his bride plan to be in Normandy next month where he'll be recognized by the French President Macron with their Legion of Honor ... so, from that Omaha beachhead to the nearby American Cemetery at Colleville-sur-Mer, I can think of about 9,300 reasons to grateful this Memorial Day.

Attachments

• AP_memorial_day.jpg
    AP_memorial_day.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back