• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked BCS teams behind us fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskerpride

Recruit
2 Year Member
The seven teams below Nebraska in the BCS all lost today, and with the exception of Boise State#22 Kent State#23, every team behind Nebraska in the top 25 lost today (9 total). So, What does this mean for Nebraska? My hope is that we finish the season as a top 10 team. Cant deside if this helps us or hurts us. Thoughts?

What I would like to see is a win on sat in the conf champ game. Follow that by a bowl win. Where we end up in the poles has no baring to me in this case since it will not lead to #1. The wins are what matters For this program right now.

Two wins to finish the season would lead to a top-five preseason ranking next year. NU would be in control of their own destiny...

The seven teams below Nebraska in the BCS all lost today, and with the exception of Boise State#22 Kent State#23, every team behind Nebraska in the top 25 lost today (9 total). So, What does this mean for Nebraska? My hope is that we finish the season as a top 10 team. Cant deside if this helps us or hurts us. Thoughts?

we will have new teams ranked behind us

should move up 2 in the BCS- FSU and Clemson both should fall below us. a Win next week and that will help as well. Win vs Stanford and we will be top 8 at seasons end.

should move up 2 in the BCS- FSU and Clemson both should fall below us. a Win next week and that will help as well. Win vs Stanford and we will be top 8 at seasons end.

Not sure FSU falls that far. Played tough although it will hurt that its a home loss. Huskers weren't very impressive with their win so that factors as well.

I don't see a top 5 ranking to start the season no matter what happens in the next two games. It seems like too much emphasis is being put on NU's schedule next year. The games AT Michigan and PSU will be difficult, and games against UCLA, Michigan State and Northwestern at home are not gimmies.

Two wins to finish the season would lead to a top-five preseason ranking next year. NU would be in control of their own destiny...

After we win our last 8 games including Oregon we will be top 7-8 this year and top 5 next year preseason.:koolaid:

We won't get a preseason Top 5 because ESPN already has an algorithm for figuring out the Top 5.

1. SEC Clause. One SEC team MUST be ranked, preferably in the #1 spot. However, if the SEC team is not ranked #1, a second SEC team must be added to the Top 5.
  2. Perennial Darlings. Every year, a perennial darling must be featured in the Top 5. It does not matter how long it's been since they were relevant, you must add them anyway. Darlings include Notre Dame, USC, Oklahoma, Florida State, Miami, Boise State and Georgia. Note that Georgia is first considered a Darling so you should make sure to follow Rule #1 and add two SEC teams... and then add Georgia.
  3. Obligatory "What The F" Team. There must always be a "What The F" Team in the Top 5. This is typically a team that plays in the MAC or Conference USA. Stir up a big media shat storm about how this is the year for Western Michigan. Talk about Tulsa's undisputed recruiting class and their JuCo strategy. This team will be out of the Top 25 by Week 4.
  4. If the Top 5 still has slots open, add some upper-tier Big East or ACC teams (other than "darlings" Florida State or Miami). Choose teams like NC State, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Cincinnati or Louisville. Avoid Wake Forest, UConn and Syracuse.

Last edited:
We won't get a preseason Top 5 because ESPN already has an algorithm for figuring out the Top 5.

1. SEC Clause. One SEC team MUST be ranked, preferably in the #1 spot. However, if the SEC team is not ranked #1, a second SEC team must be added to the Top 5.
  2. Perennial Darlings. Every year, a perennial darling must be featured in the Top 5. It does not matter how long it's been since they were relevant, you must add them anyway. Darlings include Notre Dame, USC, Oklahoma, Florida State, Miami, Boise State and Georgia. Note that Georgia is first considered a Darling so you should make sure to follow Rule #1 and add two SEC teams... and then add Georgia.
  3. Obligatory "What The F" Team. There must always be a "What The F" Team in the Top 5. This is typically a team that plays in the MAC or Conference USA. Stir up a big media shat storm about how this is the year for Western Michigan. Talk about Tulsa's undisputed recruiting class and their JuCo strategy. This team will be out of the Top 25 by Week 4.
  4. If the Top 5 still has slots open, add some upper-tier Big East or ACC teams (other than "darlings" Florida State or Miami). Choose teams like NC State, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Cincinnati or Louisville. Avoid Wake Forest, UConn and Syracuse.

Won't you get into trouble for releasing this privileged information?

Unable to read this thread . . . because I clawed my eyes out with a rusty spoon after the Notre Dame win last night.

Pal we will never be a top 5 team with Pelini..lets hope he goes to an SEC school next year

Wow. Maybe you should look for an SEC school to root for then.:confused:

If we get by UCLA next year we will be undefeated and top 10 going into November. Bank on it.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back