• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked BcS Championship Game

BcS Championship Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did they proove on the field? That they could beat some really not so good teams? This SEC writer lays out the facts, maybe you should read this. :eek: I posted it in the other teams forum.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1135504.html

That above link is a great article written by an admitted SEC supporter, pointing out what a travesty it is that Bama beat out OSU for the right to play in the NC game.

I also loved this quote from that article:

One side note – if you’re wondering why nearly every voice at ESPN is united in proposing the single argument that there IS no argument on who should be playing LSU… If you’re wondering how a network that usually encourages us to debate every possible nuance of CFB has now for two weeks been unified in selling us a single message, I remind you of this little ditty:

The Entertainment and Sports Programming Network recently paid $2.25 billion, that’s with a B, for broadcasting rights to the SEC for 15 years…AND ESPN now owns the broadcasting rights for our sports’ BCS Championship game as well.

Yes, ESPN has its fingers in nearly every conference, but nothing to the scale it has invested with the SEC. That’s a lot of motivation to support the LSU/Bama brands…in a neck-and-neck situation, especially. Somebody bang a gavel and keep it in the family

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1135504.html

I have been saying for years that ESPN and its money is the worst thing that has ever happened to sports at all levels: high school, college and professional.

Last edited:

I know, but why? If you use a point system to determine the best teams, why throw it our after the last game? Be consistent to the system, even if it is crap.[/QUOTE

The final BCS has been issued. Its purpose has been met. What other polling orgs. do is beside the point.
/

I know, but why? If you use a point system to determine the best teams, why throw it our after the last game? Be consistent to the system, even if it is crap.[/QUOTE

The final BCS has been issued. Its purpose has been met. What other polling orgs. do is beside the point.
/

So its good enough to decide #1 and #2 but not just #1? Makes no sense at all.

I have been saying for years that ESPN and its money is the worst thing that has ever happened to sports at all levels: high school, college and professional.
Careful, RP will be telling you that espn doesn't have a "monopoly" on college football either. Technically, he is right, but realistically speaking, he couldn't be more wrong. ESPN owns college football.

the AP poll

Thanks... So like I said, if Alabama beats LSU in another 3 pt thriller, it is believed that the AP will award LSU the MNC.

You see, this is different from any other "rematches" that have happened in the championship game. This will not be like the Florida-FSU rematch, where both teams had one loss,(edit: wait- was one team undefeated, and the other the highest ranked 1 loss team? anyway, they were alot closer in the polls than this rerun) and both teams won their conf championship. Their repective votes going into that rematch were fairy close. LSU is way ahead of Bama at this point... and with LSU playing a much tougher schedule... and playing an extra game... a CONF CHAMP game no less...and BLOWING out that highly ranked opponent in their CCG... and having played Bama TWICE, beating them at HOME, and finally loosing a close game on a NUETRAL field..... The AP will award a MNC trophy to LSU, and I could not agree more!

Last edited:
you could get the same outcome matter what system is in place
If the old systen was in place, Alabama and LSU would not be playing one another, and 3 or 4 teams may have a shot at the title, depending on what happens on New Years Day after. At any rate, if the old system is in play, there is a whole lot more people happy outside Louisanna and Alabama.

Last edited:

If only Oklahoma State could have done something to get into the national championship game. You know, like beat Iowa State or something.

And apparently off the field as well. They are still on probation you know. (improper benefits to football players as I recall). But then again so is guess who.....................LSU.(different reasons) But hey UCONN won last years NCAA basketball tourney and became champs while on.................tyou guessed it NCAA probation.

BAMA all the way baby....they proved it on the field why they should be there

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back