• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked BCS Bowls Matchups and Discussion -- "How to Cope in an SEC World"

Status
Not open for further replies.
no idea about the entertainment factor... but what will it prove?

if alabama wins, are they truly worthy of the national title simply because they earned a split with LSU? if it's 1-1 on the season, maybe we best play again. again, why should LSU have to beat bama twice -- while the tide only has to split?
if LSU wins again, i see it as a waste of time watching one team better the other team twice (i already freakin' knew LSU was better!). on top of that, what if okie state wins convincingly over stanford -- while alabama gets their second loss? won't it leave you wondering why in the heck okie state didn't get a chance in the first place?

i honestly can't think of an outcome that will satisfy me about this season. not when i already know LSU is better than Alabama -- because I actually saw it on the field!

No argument here! But we have no control over the system, so watcha gonna do?

I can't believe the BCS picked Michigan over a #8 KSU. KSU ends up in the Cotton. Their fans will be ticked off.

A good example of yet another thing that sucks about the BCS. Supposedly the BCS bowls are the biggest and best, right? (although there's no more significance in the Orange than in the Independence Bowl). So match up the best teams. But NOOOOOO....instead it's all about the MONEY. Michigan is better for travel and ratings so POOF! They are in. What a joke the BCS is.

Might see another split national title this year. If Alabama wins the rematch 6-3 or something like that and Okie Lite takes it to Stanford, I could see the AP awarding their plaque to the Cowboys.

A good example of yet another thing that sucks about the BCS. Supposedly the BCS bowls are the biggest and best, right? (although there's no more significance in the Orange than in the Independence Bowl). So match up the best teams. But NOOOOOO....instead it's all about the MONEY. Michigan is better for travel and ratings so POOF! They are in. What a joke the BCS is.

#10 V Tech vs. #13 Michigan goes to Sugar

#8 gets left out and goes to the Cotton

I say that if Bama beats LSU, then it is a split championship argument. LSU already beat them once, so if they get beat in the second game, the outcome is the same. They both have the exact same record (except LSU has one additional win due to the conference championship win) and they each have a loss against the other. This is what the BCS is set up to prevent. Guess it may not work again.

And beat them AT Bama.

Last edited:

This is why should be happy we aren't in that crappy conference anymore!

It's not the conference. It's the "brand name"...KSU doesn't have it and Michigan does. There would never be a day where NU was ranked 8th in the BCS and did NOT get a BCS bid regardless of conference.

It's not the conference. It's the "brand name"...KSU doesn't have it and Michigan does. There would never be a day where NU was ranked 8th in the BCS and did NOT get a BCS bid regardless of conference.

I personally think it's both. The Big XII obviously doesn't have widespread success and it's not filled with brand names.

And, think about how much more the Big 10 earns during bowl season.

Iowa vs OU.... U G L Y

Thinking OU might have a little chip after getting humiliated. Hawks are in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back