• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BBall Recruiting

#59 Ranked Class according to 247Sports and #9 in B1G.
“I was so happy when Akol committed," Nebraska coach Tim Miles said Thursday in a press release. "I’ve seen him hit his stride over the last year and get better and better. He is an electric athlete. He is an elite defender and is efficient on the offensive end. You could see his numbers were tremendous over the summer as he continued to develop. I’m pleased that he’s going to be joining us, and his future is really going to be bright.”
“Jervay is a big, strong guard who can make plays from both guard positions," Miles said. "He is a beast. I am so thankful that he saw his future here because I think he is going to be a difference maker for us. He can guard and is putting up astounding numbers this season. I believe what he can do on (the) junior college level is transferrable to our level and the Big Ten.”
“What’s exciting about Mika is he has a great personality," Miles said. "He’s like a Pied Piper, and you love that in a point guard. He has excellent leadership qualities, communicates well and knows the game. He played at a high level both with New Hampton and with City Rocks in the EYBL. Mika defends well, knows where his spots are and understands system defense. We are very fortunate to have a young man like Mika join our program.”

Nice 'Hail Varsity' Article on Akol Arop!

Creighton Prep Forward Akol Arop Signs With Nebraska Basketball

Arop is the first player from the Omaha Metro to sign with the Huskers out of high school since Omaha Burke’s Jason Dourriseau and Roy Enright signed with the Huskers in 2002. Josh Luedtke, Prep’s head basketball coach and admissions director, said Wednesday was a special day for the basketball program and the community at Prep.

https://hailvarsity.com/s/5456/creighton-prep-forward-akol-arop-signs-with-nebraska-basketball

The Cougars got off to a 3-0 start before dropping their last two games, and Green is putting up some video game-type numbers. Green is fifth in NJCAA Division I in scoring at 27 points per game and is shooting 52.2 percent from the field and 41.3 percent from deep on high volume. He has games of 24 points and nine assists; 29 points, six rebounds and five assists; 30 points and 44 points and eight rebounds.
Green is playing point guard for Western Nebraska, and he is a solid ball-handler and a willing passer with good vision. However, he’s also far too turnover prone (almost a 1:1 assist-to-turnover ratio), with some of his turnovers coming on careless or off-target passes or when he’s out of control. I think he fits best as a playmaking off-guard at the next level.

Green is an impressive athlete with the ability to get to the rim and finish at a high rate or get fouled, and we knew that based on his freshman season. That’s all still true. However, the biggest reason for excitement is the massive leap he’s made as a shooter. Green shot 25-of-86 from 3 (29.1 percent) all of last year and he’s already 19-of-46 through five games. He’s taking nearly 10 3s a game and is hitting 41 percent of them. He’s hitting them both off the catch and off the dribble, and isn’t afraid to pull up from well beyond the 3-point line.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back