• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Baylor Scheierman, In Portal? > Creighton

I was reading about this on a college basketball forum earlier today. He'll have no lack of suitors if he does decide to play another year in college. Good for Nebraska that he has home state ties.

Do I dare get my hopes up again? Scheierman would be a big get. Point guard would still be a question mark and we're waiting on Trey's decision, but this could be a pretty solid roster.

Hard to argue with that choice for him. Maybe best Creighton team of the McDermott era.

“The biggest separator was the culture,” Scheierman told the World-Herald. “Coach Hoiberg’s trying to build that culture with Nebrasketball. Creighton has already established its culture."

BS is a good player. An all-conference POY for the Summit league champs. I personally do not think he will be a huge difference maker for CU (or NU for that matter). He’s a high volume shooter in a lower tier conference. What is he going to do with athletes that will defend his shot?

He’s not going to be taller, bigger and faster than the athletes he’s going to play in the Big East. He’s not going to get a blind green light to shoot whenever he wants. It’s going to have to be in rythym within the concept of CUs offense. He a kid who thinks he’s an NBA caliber player walking into a locker room with other NBA caliber players.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back