• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Basketball without those at risk

HuSkaBob

Husker Geek
10 Year Member
Was thinking about the NCAA basketball season and what could be done to mitigate the risk. There have been a lot of people focusing on risk to players, and some saying "if you are at risk, stay home".

What do you do when your basketball coach is one of those at high risk for complications? There are some older coaches in the B1G, but I don't think anyone checks the "pulmonary issues" quite like Fred Hoiberg. If Fred couldn't coach, you'd assume that Doc Sadler would take over, but Doc is of a certain age, willfully unhealthy in his diet, and overweight. I'm not sure, but I think Bobby Lutz is over 65.

So that leaves you with Armon Gates and Matt A. running the team on game day. Would anyone be okay with that? Do you put so much (unintentional?) pressure on the coaches to take undue risks?

I was just wondering about this... would hate to lose any of the coaches permanently.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back