• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Baseball Post season

Blackshirts82

Recruit
5 Year Member
I do not follow College baseball very well. I am just curious on what does it take for a team to play in a regional?

For starters they need to beat the teams they are supposed to beat, do very well in their conference, and play and beat teams that win a lot to give them a high RPI (wins against good teams). That is what I know...which is not very much. :Biggrin:

For our purposes this season, we will have to win the B1G tourney, which of course means we'll have to qualify for said tourney first. If/when we win just one game vs Michicant this weekend, we're locked in the conf tourney -- from there, we'll have to win the whole damn thing to qualify for a regional. If that happens, Purdue will most certainly gain an at-large bid based on their season and strong RPI rating.

:nothingtoadd: Well, almost! Then, after all that, you have to win the your Super Regional, which gets you to Omaha! :woohoo:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back