• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Baseball Off Season

Paul Tillotson, soph pitcher for UNL, is on the summer 2019 roster for the Western Nebraska Pioneers in the Exhibition League. It's a 10 team league with teams in NE, SoDak, NoDak, Wyo and 1 team from Wheat City, Canada.

Paul Tillotson, soph pitcher for UNL, is on the summer 2019 roster for the Western Nebraska Pioneers in the Exhibition League. It's a 10 team league with teams in NE, SoDak, NoDak, Wyo and 1 team from Wheat City, Canada.
Wondering if he will be back. I hope so. Rough year coming off injury but he was elite as a high school pitcher.

Pioneers have a 60+ game schedule so hopefully Tillotson will get some good work this summer. I note they have 23 pitchers on their summer roster. I don't know how these summer leagues work on pitching rotations, etc. but 23 seems to me to be a bunch of throwers. Would UNL have some input into maximum number of pitches in a game, starter vs reliever, etc.?

Pioneers have a 60+ game schedule so hopefully Tillotson will get some good work this summer. I note they have 23 pitchers on their summer roster. I don't know how these summer leagues work on pitching rotations, etc. but 23 seems to me to be a bunch of throwers. Would UNL have some input into maximum number of pitches in a game, starter vs reliever, etc.?

College coaches dictate the number of pitches, innings and/or appearances their guys can throw during the summer. And that includes rest periods as well.

Last edited:

I am already excited for next year. Lots of talent returns. Hopefully we can get a couple of young pitchers dialed in.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back